what 3 knives would you bring????

HI Khukuri
Vic Trekker
A 6-7" Ranger/Rat style

Looks like the third one will be a Ranger RD6 :D

I told Justin what the knife was for and he answered that the basic model doesn't need any mods for my needs.

Knives

Locking Sak wich has saw and a serrated blade(not sure of the model i got it from marlboro)

My trusty Ka Bar marine combat (soon to be replaced by scrapper 6)

My fiskars Hatchet

If the car is gone Hmm do i have my Psk since its with my knives?

if not

Find a tree or overhang for temporary shelter, survey the are for materials or possible permanet shelter (downed trees, conifers, debris etc).

Put some kind of barrier in road to slow down vehicles to increase my chances of getting a ride.

Pick a likley location within sight of the road, gather materials with what light i have left, use the hatchet for most chopping and the saw for fine cutting.

Once shelter is up get to work on the fire. ( I also stock the hollow fiscars hatchet with chord a sharpener and a magnezium bar)

Fire started, if I have enough materials build two more fire lays for signaling. if not keep fire going hunker down, keep warm. Do what i can to improve my lot in the morning. If i know how far and in which direction civilization is on the road i will probably walk out in the morning.

Once shelter is up get to work on the fire. ( I also stock the hollow fiscars hatchet with chord a sharpener and a magnezium bar)
EMS:

THAT SIR --IS AN "EXCELLENT IDEA"

WILL DO THAT MYSELF-AS I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ..

After reading the senario, I'd have to say that I don't think an hour would give me enough time to set up a shelter and get prepared to hole up for the night. I think it might be better to spend the night walking out, and I'd hope to have some of my Filson clothing along to help keep warm & dry!

Good idea, Dr Bill.

Well lets see:

RD-7
Vic Ranger or Rucksack
and
Bark River Golock

or

Bark River Aurora
Vic GAK
Ranger Renegade Hawk

or

Well better stop here too many combos ;)

Back