1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

what 3 knives would you bring????

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by WILLIAM.M, Jan 28, 2007.

1. cybrok

cybrok

Aug 7, 2005

Looks like the third one will be a Ranger RD6 :D

I told Justin what the knife was for and he answered that the basic model doesn't need any mods for my needs.

2. J33psru1e

J33psru1e

Feb 28, 2006

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. EmsRescueGuy

EmsRescueGuy

Oct 21, 2006
    Knives

Locking Sak wich has saw and a serrated blade(not sure of the model i got it from marlboro)

My trusty Ka Bar marine combat (soon to be replaced by scrapper 6)

My fiskars Hatchet

If the car is gone Hmm do i have my Psk since its with my knives?

if not

Find a tree or overhang for temporary shelter, survey the are for materials or possible permanet shelter (downed trees, conifers, debris etc).

Put some kind of barrier in road to slow down vehicles to increase my chances of getting a ride.

Pick a likley location within sight of the road, gather materials with what light i have left, use the hatchet for most chopping and the saw for fine cutting.

Once shelter is up get to work on the fire. ( I also stock the hollow fiscars hatchet with chord a sharpener and a magnezium bar)

Fire started, if I have enough materials build two more fire lays for signaling. if not keep fire going hunker down, keep warm. Do what i can to improve my lot in the morning. If i know how far and in which direction civilization is on the road i will probably walk out in the morning.

4. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Once shelter is up get to work on the fire. ( I also stock the hollow fiscars hatchet with chord a sharpener and a magnezium bar)
    EMS:

THAT SIR --IS AN "EXCELLENT IDEA"

WILL DO THAT MYSELF-AS I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ..

5. ss6sonola

ss6sonola

Sep 3, 2003
    After reading the senario, I'd have to say that I don't think an hour would give me enough time to set up a shelter and get prepared to hole up for the night. I think it might be better to spend the night walking out, and I'd hope to have some of my Filson clothing along to help keep warm & dry!

6. agreatscot

agreatscot

Apr 19, 2004
    Good idea, Dr Bill.

Well lets see:

RD-7
    Vic Ranger or Rucksack
    and
    Bark River Golock

or

Bark River Aurora
    Vic GAK
    Ranger Renegade Hawk

or

Well better stop here too many combos ;)