WHAT A WEEK........Drink advice needed.

Straight single barrel jack and a beer of your choice always works for me.

You could always visit Colorado for something different.

Jim Beam Redstag or Jack Daniels Honey chilled in the ice box until thick like syrup. Pour over ice... enjoy.

3 shots chilled Jim Beam Redstag, 3 shots Master of Mix Sweet and Sour Mix, 1/2 shot of triple sec or a squeeze of orange.
Pour over ice, repeat as necessary.

3 shots chilled coconut vodka, 3 shots of chilled Chocolate Irish Cream, over ice.

There is always Malibu and a fruity mixture to make a delicious tropical drink. :thumbup:

Mexican Mojito.

and in case you have never had one:

Ingredients

3 mint sprigs
3 lime wedges
3 teaspoons sugar
6 ounces ice cubes
1 1/2 ounces 100 percent agave blanco tequila
2 ounces soda water or sparkling water
1 ounce lemon-lime soda
Lime slice and mint sprig for garnish

Directions

1. In a mixing glass or shaker, muddle the mint sprigs, lime, and sugar.
2. Add the ice and tequila. Cap tightly, shake vigorously, and pour into a 12-ounce glass. Top the glass with soda water and top that with the lemon-lime soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wheel.

If you like tequila but want some smoky complexity small batch del maguey mezcal is the only way to go.

Its used in all of the $19 a cocktail joints in NYC. Use it instead of your herredura or whatever tequila you like or as a "rinse" topping off a margarita.

A fun margarita is to muddle basil,cucumber or tamarind. Look up a classic recipe called a smoky paloma its popular in Mexico.

to a lot of good suggestions I'll add:
tomato sandwich (cheap beer and at least two ounces good bloodymary mix) also it will get in some of those precious vitamins you will need to get through the
drunken haze
tequila and tonic with lime (if you actually like tequila its amazing)
tequila sunrise (I didn't see any mention, and that is a gross oversight):eek:
and finally we should not forget good bourbon which will make any number of days cease to exist (I recommend Bulliet, Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace, and/or Knob Creek)

good luck, and don't forget, hydrate or die tryin'! ;) it'll keep the hangover to a manageable level.....

Straight up bourbon, gin and tonics, or wine. Just don't drink all 3 at once.

Take a bottle of Everclear, and a watermelon. Cut the watermelon in half, and pour half the bottle of Everclear over it. Let it soak in for a while then eat the watermelon while drinking the rest of the Everclear. This works best if you are sitting on your back porch on a cool evening.

Don't smoke while doing this!

Garth hope everything is okay

Sounds like you just need to have some Sex on the Beach and go to town on a Fuzzy Naval or two

Kraken Rum. Strong taste, so you might want to mix it with something. Great for whatever ails you.
images

hope next week is better buddy.

hope next week is better buddy.

Here's some I mix up from time to time.

Mountain Sunrise : 1 1/2 oz tequila, 1/2oz lime juice, 1 splash grenadine syrup, 3oz Mountain Dew, shake and serve over crushed ice.
Toronha 2oz tequila, 2oz grapefruit juice, 1 tbsp grenadine, 1/2oz triple sec, 3/4 cup ice, blend in blender strain and serve, can use a sour chilled glass
Gasoline 1 1/2 oz Southern Comfort peach, 1 1/2 oz tequila, build in glass
Cranberry Margarita 1 1/2oz tequila, 1oz lime juice, 1 1/2oz triple sec, 1 1/2oz sweet and sour mix, 2oz cranberry juice, add it all in blender with ice, blend smooth

Of course there's always salt, tequila shot, lemon :)
All good with gold tequila

Here's some I mix up from time to time.

Mountain Sunrise : 1 1/2 oz tequila, 1/2oz lime juice, 1 splash grenadine syrup, 3oz Mountain Dew, shake and serve over crushed ice.
Toronha 2oz tequila, 2oz grapefruit juice, 1 tbsp grenadine, 1/2oz triple sec, 3/4 cup ice, blend in blender strain and serve, can use a sour chilled glass
Gasoline 1 1/2 oz Southern Comfort peach, 1 1/2 oz tequila, build in glass
Cranberry Margarita 1 1/2oz tequila, 1oz lime juice, 1 1/2oz triple sec, 1 1/2oz sweet and sour mix, 2oz cranberry juice, add it all in blender with ice, blend smooth

Of course there's always salt, tequila shot, lemon :)
All good with gold tequila

If you are looking to escape reality quickly, then there is no better than a REAL Long Island Iced Tea. Not the Kool Ade they sell at Red Lobster etc, but an honest to goodness, home mixed from your own bottles LiiT. Get Liit.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz light rum
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz tequila
1 oz sour mix
Cola
Lemon wedge for garnish

Preparation:

Pour the spirits and sour mix into a tall glass with ice.
Stir well or shake.
Top the glass off with a splash of cola.
Garnish with the lemon wedge.

You can mix them up in advance - just use parts instead of ounces - 1 part tequila, two parts sours etc.

I am a Jack Daniels drinker myself.

Hope your week goes better - I have been having a duesy as well -

best

mqqn

Moscow mule, its ginger beer, vodka (i use kettle one) and a splash of lime served in a copper mug. Its rediculously good.

eagle rare and ginger ale...goes down smoothly. Any bourbon seems to go well with ginger ale.

Back