What about a Micarta Monday? Traditional knives only, please!

This Bolus for Micarta Monday...
8AbginD.jpg

Please don't post knives with pocket clips or thumb studs etc in the Traditional Forum. Thanks!

Edited the thread title.

Warren Goltz was a Guild member that produced very few knives each year. I was introduced to him just before he retired, my loss! I owned a couple of his hunters and was surprised when I came across the one, had to buy it. I'm guessing this from the '90s.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Great idea Dwight! ;) I guess you could say we’re shooting the Bull, “Nose” that is!
These little "bulls" are among my favorite knives. And while I have you here let me say the lamb you posted in the Guardians is MAGNIFIQUE! :eek:

Two of my favorite Micartas they’ve used on the #71. :thumbsup:

Great idea Dwight! ;) I guess you could say we’re shooting the Bull, “Nose” that is! :D

32795483790_07916f76c3_b_d.jpg

Not a bad looking trio there, either, Ron! :D :thumbsup:

I noticed the other day, when my #21 in OD Green Linen Micarta showed up, that it looked quite different from my #71 in the same material. I've had the #71 for a few years, and have carried it quite a bit, so it may have changed as a result of carry/use, but I was surprised by how different they looked. I'll have to go back and find an old pic of the #71 when I first got it.

UFMoOw6.jpg

And since it's Micarta Monday, here are a couple other Bull Noses that I've been carrying lately.

dhKMyg6.jpg

ExvEoH2.jpg

Two of my favorite Micartas they’ve used on the #71
Thanks Barrett! I have been carrying a OD green micarta Mudbug every day for two years. When compared to an unused OD green micarta bullnose of the same year it appears to have turned more of a brown color.

Back