What about Bob?

This is Bob.
40471496564_9a5f117437_b.jpg

Real name is Jack Roberts but he goes by Bob. He was adopted over the weekend from Michigan and traveled to the west coast. Due to his long trip (USPS delay :() he was on the verge of scurvy, so he had a orange.
39373574270_5d932c672e_b.jpg

Got some color back and looking much better!
40471486514_40a28ac52b_b.jpg

27310079438_6d10b0650b_b.jpg

He also had some crunchy joint's so off for a bath.
41184189351_8da2179cec_b.jpg

39373566320_a296eac0d8_b.jpg

41184176701_0b19210d23_b.jpg

After a 6 hour soak in mineral oil he was much happier!
41184173061_2785c163b0_b.jpg

Bob's gonna chill with me for the month of April. Gonna be the only knife I carry and I'm going to try and use him as much as I can. Still a bit new to this knife game but learning a lot as I go. I want to get used to carrying and USING my knife like my grandpa did when I was a kid. It was more important than his keys and wallet. He only needed those when he left the house, his knife was with him every second of the day.

So, Im gonna leave this here and see where it goes. Thirty day challenge? American Jack 2 blade review? Lessons learned from a fairly new knife guy? Ill update often as a check in on Bob's acclimation. So far hes doing fine. Even helped with breakfast this morning.
26311732927_92115797af_b.jpg

Please feel free to post any photos if you have a "Bob" (don't go there) and any stories you have or lessons you've learned. Thanks!

You've picked a fine knife for a companion.
Somehow I have a feeling "he" will spend more than a mere 30 days with you ... unless you adopt some of his brothers and sisters, or some of his cousins come by. :)

You've picked a fine knife for a companion.
Somehow I have a feeling "he" will spend more than a mere 30 days with you ... unless you adopt some of his brothers and sisters, or some of his cousins come by. :)
Haha yes for sure! The door is always open for family visits!

I find that my "bob" often needs a friend or two to keep him company in my pockets. Your bob may need some friends, too. Looking forward to seeing your update pictures.

image.jpg I've got a Bob too, been in my pocket around a month I guess. Bob is handy because I can one hand open him. I like clip blades better but I'm a sucker for black wood and this spear blade with a patina is pinchable with one hand so he gets carried a lot and will until the next one comes along haha

I find that my "bob" often needs a friend or two to keep him company in my pockets. Your bob may need some friends, too. Looking forward to seeing your update pictures.
Gonna try and keep it to just one for a month, but Im sure your right and I'll get the itch to add a friend for Bob.:D

View attachment 879954 I've got a Bob too, been in my pocket around a month I guess. Bob is handy because I can one hand open him. I like clip blades better but I'm a sucker for black wood and this spear blade with a patina is pinchable with one hand so he gets carried a lot and will until the next one comes along haha
That is a beautiful looking knife sir! Love the shield on it.

Here's my Bob, although I'd say he looks more like a Stan. Taken yesterday and sporting Easter egg patina-

IMG_4248.JPG

I love my 78 more than any other folder I own (admittedly not a huge selection) and would be just fine carrying it for a month- or more! Enjoy Bob and be sure to update often.

~Russell

Here's my Bob, although I'd say he looks more like a Stan. Taken yesterday and sporting Easter egg patina-

View attachment 879958

I love my 78 more than any other folder I own (admittedly not a huge selection) and would be just fine carrying it for a month- or more! Enjoy Bob and be sure to update often.

~Russell
Oh dang! Stan is a handsome dude. Did you do a custom easy open notch?

Bob looks just dandy now :D
My 43 Oregon trapper Rust red Jig bone has been carried over 2 weeks straight now and that’s a record for me lol .
Yes I know he’s not a Bob and only a distant relative :(

Back