What about Knives and Flashlights?

I have three (for me and wife) Fenix E05 flashlights. Great keychain and/or pocket lights. Bright (three levels) and light weight. Highly recommend.
Rich

Flashlights were my hobby before knives. Back at the turn of the century, Candlepower Forums was rocking with amateurs building amazing lights. Then China got into the act, copied all the innovation and the hobby became more about purchasing power than innovation.

At one time, I had a modded Maglite that was 3 feet long, powered by a stack of half-D Nickel Metal Hydride cells and an over-driven medical bulb that turned out 14,000 lumens. It came on by accident one day while sitting bezel down on the floor of my cabin and burned a hole through the wood flooring. Luckily, I smelled burnt wood before the cabin caught fire.

Now I have a China-made light that puts out 25,000 lumens, but it's not as fun or exciting as that old hot wire.

87xr.jpg

87xs.jpg

Flashlights were my hobby before knives. Back at the turn of the century, Candlepower Forums was rocking with amateurs building amazing lights. Then China got into the act, copied all the innovation and the hobby became more about purchasing power than innovation.

At one time, I had a modded Maglite that was 3 feet long, powered by a stack of half-D Nickel Metal Hydride cells and an over-driven medical bulb that turned out 14,000 lumens. It came on by accident one day while sitting bezel down on the floor of my cabin and burned a hole through the wood flooring. Luckily, I smelled burnt wood before the cabin caught fire.

Now I have a China-made light that puts out 25,000 lumens, but it's not as fun or exciting as that old hot wire.
Yeah, CPF was hoppin' back in the day... I used to be there as much as Bladeforums. I still have my 18v MagCharger mod I built somewhere...I'll have to get some cool pics with knives;)

~Chip

This is my big-light collection from back in the day. The super tall light (the Picasso poster is 32 inches tall) could make newspapers catch fire in a few seconds. It cranked out 14,000 lumens, or about 12 car headlights on high beam. I would run 8 minutes before needing a recharge. A regular 2D Maglite back then kicked out about 30 lumens.

I lit up a poacher who came sneaking down to my cabin one night. The light made the inside of his car looked like the surface of the sun. He left in a hurry, either his clothes were smoking or he spit out his cigarette. I don't know how he could still see the road.

2v2ETTLC5xAWtWs.jpg

This is my big-light collection from back in the day. The super tall light (the Picasso poster is 32 inches tall) could make newspapers catch fire in a few seconds. It cranked out 14,000 lumens, or about 12 car headlights on high beam. I would run 8 minutes before needing a recharge. A regular 2D Maglite back then kicked out about 30 lumens.

I lit up a poacher who came sneaking down to my cabin one night. The light made the inside of his car looked like the surface of the sun. He left in a hurry, either his clothes were smoking or he spit out his cigarette. I don't know how he could still see the road.

2v2ETTLC5xAWtWs.jpg
That's crazy and FUN. Who needs a Bic lighter or matches when you have a flashlight that will smoke newspaper in seconds?

Love my flashlights here is one of about 5 or 6 I’ve got scattered everywhere lol .
KHboWDd.jpg
I just got the same model 2.0 yesterday in the mail.

I only have 2-3 decent flashlights and do not edc one but could understand how it could become addictive.

Back