What amazing things have you guys done?

Woah...serious thread...

I was going to make note of "Vanessa" and all the other amaizing things I have "done"...but maybe not...;)

Sorry, Dave, for this thread it has to be things you've done awake. I know some great dreams I'd love to replay myself though.

As to your suggestion, munk, I wouldn't mind participating in Applied Social Darwinism, but it really should be done before they've had a chance to reproduce.

If you can figure out how to do that, I'll be right over. In fact I even touched up my John Primble castrating knife just in case you come up with an answer.

I'm not so picky, either. Doesn't have to be "the" right answer, just so it works.

Hmmm - if it makes me feel better, that'd be one measure of success. If it makes BOTH of us feel better...

And thanks for telling us the (hopefully) good news on your eye.

What a thread! Some good stuff on here.

When I was 18,I was driving my GEO Metro up the Interstate, and I was promptly run over by an 18-wheeler, and dragged underneath his rig for 9/10 of a mile (a friend measured the skid marks). Promptly went to "The Edge" of life's door and given a choice about whether I would stay or not. I had contemplated suicide for sometime up to that point. I stayed, and was sent to a lousy hospital in Dalton, GA. The treatment was as bad as the accident. Long story short, I didn't take all the doctor's advice to have my spine fused in all vertebrates except for 4-5, and lie in bed for 1-2 years before learning to walk again.

What I did do was listen to someone who had been mentoring me named R.B. Benton. He was a Vietnam era SEAL, who wanted to help me get into the Teams before all this happened. His "you can do anything" attitude sank into me and I believed I could beat the odds. EVERYONE around me offered nothing but negative reinforcement. After 1 1/2-2 years, I rehabed out of it. I used martial arts (modified), stretching, chiropractors, massage therapy, and Native American healing traditions, and healed. To prove to myself that I was really indestructible (you tend to do that at that age) After nearly two years after the accident, when I was moving around pretty good, I fought in a national level martial arts tournament. It was round robin and I had over 8 fights, continuous 2 minute rounds of hard to full contact. I didn't win a single fight that day, but I was there and nobody can say that they whipped my butt. (I was told by the doctors that I would be paralyzed for life if I got hit). I'm still kicking today.

The thing that has taken the most strength for me is to have a wife and two children. To be the best father that I can be and to keep working to provide for them and give them a good life. Compared to that, fights are easy.

David

David, I love your story. I love these stories. Give me Lassie, Laddie of Sunnybrook Farm, Shane, and Old Yeller any day. Yours should be in Readers Digest, it is that good. Congratulations.

( oh alright, I confess; I like Readers Digest. When I see one in a Doctor's office I grab it and think it a better mag than the Eastern Seaboard intellectual crap like the New Republic....)

munk

Back