What are some of the best 1950's , 60's , 70's , 80's & 90's Television Shows

Seinfeld is a sitcom that aired on NBC from 1989 to 1998 set predominantly in an apartment block on Manhattan's Upper West Side, the show features a host of Jerry Seinfeld's stories with his best friend George Costanza, former girlfriend Elaine Benes, and neighbor across the hall Cosmo Kramer.
cast.jpg

Seinfeld, the "show about nothing," gradually grew into an enormous hit and was the archetypal friends-hanging-out series of the 1990s. Most stories were about life's trivia, waiting in line, forgetting where your car is parked, throwing away someone's prized TV Guide. Seen once in a while were Jerry's parents, Helen and Morty, George's folks, Estelle and Frank (who were as neurotic as he was), and Newman, an overweight mailman who lived in the building. NBC
Number of Seasons: 9
Number of Episodes: 180
Original Primetime TV Schedule:
  • May 1990- July 1990, NBC, Thursday 9:30-10:00pm
  • January 1991- February 1991, NBC, Wednesday 9:30-10:00pm
  • April 1991- June 1991, NBC, Thursday 9:30-10:00pm
  • June 1991- December 1991, NBC, Wednesday 9:30-10:00pm
  • December 1991- January 1993, NBC, Wednesday 9:00-9:30pm
  • February 1993- August 1993, NBC, Thursday 9:30-10:00pm
  • August 1993- May 1998, NBC, Thursday 9:00-9:30pm

Rawhide is a TV western that aired for eight seasons on CBS network from 1959 to 1965 that starred Eric Fleming and Clint Eastwood about adventures of cattle herders in the American West.
The hit Western series Rawhide is known for giving future star Clint Eastwood his start. The story revolves around a group of twenty riders looking after a herd of thousands. With so many head of cattle to look after, the riders often ran into trouble, including lack of water, anthrax, wolves, ghost riders, and of course, cattle rustlers. The show was popular for its exciting, often harsh adventures, set in the stunning scenery of the American West.

cast.jpg
CBS
Number of Seasons: 8
Number of Episodes: 217
Rawhide Episode Guide
Original Primetime TV Schedule:
  • January 1959- Aprl 1959, CBS, Friday 8:00-9:00PM
  • May 1959- September 1963, CBS, Friday 7:30-8:30PM
  • September 1963- September 1964, CBS, Thursday 8:00-9:00PM
  • September 1964- September 1965, CBS, Frida 7:30-8:30PM
  • September 1965- January 1966, CBS, Tuesday 7:30-8:30PM
Theme Song Lyrics & Opening Credits
{videobox}/media/video/rawhide.mp4{/videobox}
Rawhide theme song's lyrics were written by Ned Washington in 1958. It was composed by Dimitri Tiomkin and sung by pop singer Frankie Laine.

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.
Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

One show I forgot to mention, but watched often, is the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. It was hilarious!

Good Times is a sitcom that aired 1974 until 1979 on the CBS television network. Good Times is a spin-off of Maude, which was itself a spin-off of All in the Family.

View attachment 1310877

Florida Evans was originally Maude Findlay's maid until, in the spring of 1974, she got a show of her own. Florida and James Evans were lower middle-class blacks living with their three children in a high-rise ghetto on the south side of Chicago.

According to IMDb
The setting is implied to be the Cabrini Green Housing Projects on Chicago's North Side. It's never mentioned by name, but exterior shots of the buildings were featured in the opening and closing credits. On March 30, 2011, the last of the Cabrini Green High Rises were knocked down.

and according to me, the building seen through the window is the Cabrini Extension mid-rise at 411 W. Oak Street where I worked!

Good_Times_the_Evans_family_1974.JPG

Last edited:
I was a big fan of Simon & Simon, Airwolf, Buck Rogers (Gil Gerard version), The Fall Guy, Burn Notice, Psyche, and The Pretender.

I was a big fan of Simon & Simon, Airwolf, Buck Rogers (Gil Gerard version), The Fall Guy, Burn Notice, Psyche, and The Pretender.

Little new for this list, but loved Psych too, as well as Monk

A few of my favorites...

Seinfield
Friends
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Andy Griffith Show
Maverick
Cheers

Loved Gunsmoke and Bonanza.

I also had this vague recollection of a really cool western with a sci fi feel but whenever I mentioned it to somebody they thought I was crazy.

Then, lo and behold, Will Smith stars in "Wild Wild West" and I wasn't crazy.

How did I completely forget about The Flying Nun? When I was around 4 years old (1967), I remember having a crush on Sally Field, lol.

At the same age, I also remember liking the opening and closing credits of Petticoat Junction. I liked the girls (even at that age), and old trains like the one shown were an obsession of mine.

Jim

Back