What are you doing to keep busy

lex2006

Gold Member
I hope you are all doing well deling with these difficult times. Even though my dughter is keeping me quite busy seems like still only so much to do around the house.
Yesterday I carved a stick and started to make a leather key tray, it is taking forever to dry.
After dinner I am going to make another strop, don't need one but have some leather and some wood strips.
So lets see what you are doing to keep busy? It does not have to be fancy , mine are not .
Take care everyone.

Hey lex .
I am painting the house now with the isolation and social distancing here in ireland also I have upgraded all our sleep systems for camping just need me a tarp a dst from seek outside and I'll be gone lol .
Have to keep the body and mind busy .
Also my toddler son is keeping us on our toes lol.
Stay safe brothers and sisters .
Blessings from ireland

You are both lucky that you have something to do. I’m just here with my dog. I don’t own the house, so there’s no projects for me to do. I’ve been laid off since Sunday and as of today I’ve been starting to lose it lol. I can feel my depression kicking back in just from being idle and bored. Walking and playing with the dog gets old quick when that’s all you are doing. My freakin Xbox recently broke too.

Sorry to hear your stuck like that bro .
I have a nephew in cork stuck in a house with 2 weeks with corona virus and no help he is ok .
Times are hard gotta keep the head right tho better find some new stuff to do

Sorry to hear your stuck like that bro .
I have a nephew in cork stuck in a house with 2 weeks with corona virus and no help he is ok .
Times are hard gotta keep the head right tho better find some new stuff to do
Thanks and you are right about finding something to do lol. I made a whole list of stuff to try this week. Should help keep me busy.

Sorry to hear about your nephew. That really sucks being sick like that with nobody around. Glad you say he’s alright.

Finished a few sheaths and started to teach my daughters how to make stuff with leather.

4w5m1bq.jpg

EyFNLoa.jpg

OxWTiNM.jpg

I live on a rural property, so tasks around the house and land like plumbing, mowing, sharpen the mower blades, fixing the erosion in the driveway, cutting firewood, clearing trails, fireproofing the woodshed, dig the ditch to put in the drainage system, get the tractor going and give it a good run, clear the driveway that is a bit overgrown. This place should be in pretty good shape by the time the quarantine is over.

Work as normal, heathens still need policing.

people get offended when I tell them I can hear them just fine and they don’t need to stand close to me.

so I’m still dealing with mass public and Mrs Gravelface is a clinic manager at the hospital. I’m accepted that we will inevitably catch the Cov before long.

Edited to add this just happened. Covid or Crash. Something always out to get us.

FB4A7C03-223A-4407-9701-DA48B8E60E97.jpeg

Last edited:
I spend time with our dogs outside, then come in to warm up as it's still cool here. I like to spend time in my basement, working on a new sheath or trying to organize it (tough battle!:rolleyes:). My wife and I like to watch recorded movies, current news updates, and fooling around on the computer. Once it warms up a bit I will ride my atv across my fields, and maybe do a little fishing on my pond. I still have to sight in a couple of firearms which I can do in my back yard.

In my wife's role she needs to still be working, she has about 1000 employees under her managing roughly 100 apartment communities and 3500+ apartments. She has also been put in the lead as managing the response and preparedness to this crisis. As a result I'm primary care dad for our six year old, 1st grade daughter who's been on leave from school for a week with at least another two weeks to go. She is not exactly the type to sit and watch TV or play video games, she needs wind in her hair, physical activity and lots of social interaction to stay sane. My work has been limited to however much time I have energy for after she goes to bed each night, which hasn't been much :)

Today we went to Home Depot for supplies to build her new PVC mini fort in the living room, stopped at a few places for some additional supplies, went for an hour long ride on the ATV, a 45 minute hike in our woods with the dog, FaceTime'd a friend of hers she was missing and started cutting all of the PVC for the fort. Mom got to be with us for all but a couple of hours after DeWine made the announcement locking us all down except for specific reasons. She did make some killer home made spaghetti sauce that's been a 23 year learning process from me and my mom teaching her, I think she's finally beat us both.

I'm also working on an aluminum mini clicker press for my leatherworking shop that was in the early phases of being made when all of this broke loose. Every now and again I get 15-20 minutes where I can come down and drill a few holes in it. The custom dies are here for it so I am hoping by the time we come out the other side of this I can have it finished.

I was part way through remodeling the main floor bath in our home when the shut down happened, but have a toilet in the garage that needs to be installed. I'm thinking tomorrow is a good time for my daughter to learn the finer points of toilet installation. Even a kid should know where the poop goes. If she's really curious I can pop the lid on the septic and show her that end and maybe get home school bonus credit.. haha

I have about 10 other projects we may try and work on around the house and property that we will try and work on. If anything gets finished I'll post some pictures :thumbsup:

We're all going a little stir crazy and will probably get worse with the new lockdown rules, but we're all safe, healthy and together.

We watch a lot of news (Fox) and one of the best things I have heard a doctor say since this all broke out was that they have a rule in their house that everything needs to end in please and thank you, because it's a lot harder to bite someones head off if they say please or thank you.. I can report from experience it works :)

Here's our little ray of evil at a photo shoot we did for some Easter advertising at my sisters Interior Design Company last weekend. Dad needed one in front of the Margaret Thatcher books..

Sarah_Easter_Shoot.jpg

I'll end my long-ass post with this video anyone with kids can find some humor in.

Nicee! I think mine's a 2006? I need to replace the exhaust, handlebars, and tires. I haven't ridden it in almost a year. Good thing it's a KTM and will start right up lol.
oGTBarf.jpg
Very nice!
The 200 XC was my 1st experience with a 2 stroke of any kind- I was blown away by the torque and power-band plus how nimble it is and light.
I have a 500 EXCF plated, and just picked up the 300 XC-W tpi, but the 2 strokes are the most fun around here. Her bike is punched out, has the Gnarly Gold Fatty Torque pipe, reed cage and a few other race type upgrades, it is amazing, I mean holy crap it’s fast!

My wife is a OR nurse at a “National Laboratory ” does 10 days/nights away per month “on call”” so most days I ride solo - weather dependent. Being an Operating Room nurse in a hospital, I expect she will be exposed sooner or later to CV19...
Until then we are making the most of it- braaaaap! ;)

Just got a temporary lay off today. Going to be still working on and off, they’re minimizing the number of people in the shop at one time for now, but it allows us to apply for EI, if this thing lasts too long. So, other than basic choring around the house, not a heck of a lot. Going to walk the dogs until they get their fill every day. Maybe start a few projects that I have the materials for already. Not a great time of year for this though. The snow is too rotten for good snowmobiling, the packed trails are too soft for good hiking, the rivers and lakes are still covered, and it’s too early for bear hunting still. I could take the Jeep out, but it’s more fun when I have a buddy riding shotgun. I guess I’ll just pull guard duty on my TP supply for the most part.

935DEF19-9A81-4BBD-BA1C-3C9FD3C9E51F.jpeg

Back