What are you missing?

i've had three or four from builder jim..a great guy to talk to and an excellent product... Who else can build a knife with one hand?
However, by the time you get all that custom work done, you'll have $600 in a knife that's worth about $230 on the Exchange.
give it to a kid and buy something with the specs you want.
Maybe your right. Get the chip sharpened out, throw it on the exchange with my Kizer.

The problem is, nothing is piquing my interest at the moment. So many designs I would otherwise like have choils that are too small to be useful IMO. Guess maybe that new CF ZT with the blue ano cutouts.

I do want new scales for my GB1 with a more pronounced lockbar cutout. Mayhaps that's what's missing. Worth the money for an otherwise excellent knife which was my first Spyderco, and got me full on into knives since y'all suggested it shortly after I joined 8 years ago.

Last edited:
Is much as it hurts to admit, I probably have everything covered with the knives I own now. The only things that I'm missing are a good gentleman's knife, a couple slipjoints in case Canada's knife laws get even stupider, and a proper survival knife to play with.

Is much as it hurts to admit, I probably have everything covered with the knives I own now. The only things that I'm missing are a good gentleman's knife, a couple slipjoints in case Canada's knife laws get even stupider, and a proper survival knife to play with
The CRK Mnandi was the gent’s knife I’ve lusted over for some time now. Can’t bring myself to spend that much though.

Still trying to add a nice slip joint to my rotation, although I haven’t been trying all that hard. Would like to get a nice Barlow.

Everyone needs a good survival/zombie knife! My RAT Cutlery (ESEE)6 is my go to “survival” blade, and my Bowie with a long clip point will probably work as a zombie dispatch tool.

Last edited:
Dagnabbit!!!! I found something. I'm probably going to buy it. I'm waiting to hear back about cost that include a few special mods. Normally I don't like Ti knives, but if I'm gonna sell my TSF Beast, something Ti will need to replace it... Yeah that's sound justification. Yup sure is.

I have knives for every possible situation on Earth. Now I need to start buying knives for situations that may arise if I travel to other planets. Times a wastin.

I have knives for every possible situation on Earth. Now I need to start buying knives for situations that may arise if I travel to other planets. Times a wastin.
Exactly why I started this thread.
Something I hadn’t thought of. Interstellar travels knives! 👍🏻🍻
And we can take our Fisher Space Pens.😁

I have a small collection of knives....
I have mostly Benchmade knives also Hogue, SOG, Ontario. I need a Spyderco........

Back