What Are You Reading?

From Wiki:

Pendergast's personal sidearm is usually a customized .45 Caliber Les Baer Government Model M1911 pistol. In Relic he carried a .45 Colt Anaconda double-action revolver. He owns a Signature Grade Colt 1911 .45ACP tuned by pistolsmith Hilton Yam (now owner of 10-8 Consulting).

I had to check! ;)

Jeff
Great catch. I was confusing Kurt Austin's (a Clive Cussler character) custom Bowen RedHawk with Perdergast's Anaconda.

I also enjoyed Stephen Hunter's novels and I agree Dirty White Boys was one of his best. However, I think his latest books have lost something since he's taken Bob Lee from a flawed, red-neck, albeit exceptional sniper, to a super sleuth special agent.

Great catch. I was confusing Kurt Austin's (a Clive Cussler character) custom Bowen RedHawk with Perdergast's Anaconda.

I also enjoyed Stephen Hunter's novels and I agree Dirty White Boys was one of his best. However, I think his latest books have lost something since he's taken Bob Lee from a flawed, red-neck, albeit exceptional sniper, to a super sleuth special agent.

I totally agree. As a matter of fact, my favorite Hunter novels featured his father Earl.

Jeff

Just finished The Crucible by arthur miller and Anonymus rex my Eric Garci ( somehow he manages to fix a bizarre idea into a fun detective noir story)

17250.jpg

41QxRoWdafL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just finished the Necronomicon by H.P. Lovecraft.

Tomorrow I am going to start rereading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.

keep meaning to crack into Lovecraft, any recommendations?
The Dunwich Horror and Dagon are both solid classic Lovecraft, I'm kind of a freak for old school horror and sci-fi. I have probably 5 Lovecraft collections because all his stories are rarely printed in the same book.

Shogun By James Clavell great book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dunwich Horror and Dagon are both solid classic Lovecraft, I'm kind of a freak for old school horror and sci-fi. I have probably 5 Lovecraft collections because all his stories are rarely printed in the same book.

Cheers, I'll check then out

Do you have a local library or are you going to purchase them? Also have you dug into Poe yet?

I'll look through our "library" first, my wife nad I both brought too many books to the marriage but she kind of dwarfs my back catalog, I know she's read Lovecraft and Poe's one of her favorites, I've read a bit fo Poe myself. 10 years later I still don't know what all we have, I always check there first ;)

Big Poe fan checking in. I need to get a few photos of my collection of Poe.

:thumbup: love to see it

I'll look through our "library" first, my wife nad I both brought too many books to the marriage but she kind of dwarfs my back catalog, I know she's read Lovecraft and Poe's one of her favorites, I've read a bit fo Poe myself. 10 years later I still don't know what all we have, I always check there first ;)

[emoji106] love to see it
I checked and *gasp* I don't have paper copies of either book I recommended. I do have a large volume of short stories by Lovecraft so if the "library" is empty let me know and I'll send you the book.

My fiancé is a big time reader. She set a goal of reading 18 novels in the 2017 calendar year (she is counting each novel as so many pages so larger books will count as more than one book). Her new favorite activity now that I am living with her is for us to read together. I've been a sci-fi type of guy with book series like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter etc. My friends read a series in High School called Wheel of Time, I think, and they said they were pretty good books. I am curious to learn more about the series Rockywolf mentioned. I just started reading the Divergent series and though I'm only just starting it seems like a pretty interesting book thus far. She is also really pushing for me to read Enders Game since I enjoyed the movie so much. My favorite book of all time is The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. I like it so much I actually bought it for myself and read it every year or two.

My fiancé is a big time reader. She set a goal of reading 18 novels in the 2017 calendar year (she is counting each novel as so many pages so larger books will count as more than one book). Her new favorite activity now that I am living with her is for us to read together. I've been a sci-fi type of guy with book series like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter etc. My friends read a series in High School called Wheel of Time, I think, and they said they were pretty good books. I am curious to learn more about the series Rockywolf mentioned. I just started reading the Divergent series and though I'm only just starting it seems like a pretty interesting book thus far. She is also really pushing for me to read Enders Game since I enjoyed the movie so much. My favorite book of all time is The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. I like it so much I actually bought it for myself and read it every year or two.

If you enjoy sci-fi series the Wheel of Time is excellent. My favorite series by far is still the Gunslinger by King.

The book series and the movie of Enders game aren't even in the same class. The movie watered down all of the emotions, and there's a lot of them.

If you enjoy sci-fi series the Wheel of Time is excellent. My favorite series by far is still the Gunslinger by King.
[emoji106] I started reading The Dark Tower in 2001 (way younger than I should have) and was instantly hooked, I'm a huge Stephen King nerd to begin with I own almost all his books and even have a tattoo.

CJ Box writes a pretty good series about a game warden in WY. I read a ton of Louis L'amour when I was in school, and the Joe Pickett series is like a modern day version, with just a little bit of Hollywood special effects thrown in.

In the Fantasy genre The Sword of Truth series was pretty good. Like a lot of people I could claim to be "reading" George R. R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones) series, but really we're all just waiting on the next book.

I also really enjoyed, and re-read after watching the films, Robert Ludlam's Jason Bourne trilogy.

Back