What are you watching & why? (splain)

By now, the followers of this thread probably know that I like and enjoy my Brit flavored detective series so I think that I’ve come across this nugget of a show on Prime, named Unforgotten.

4 episodes into S1 and I can’t put the bloody thing away which is just great because everything else on the Telly is, well, pretty darn depressing these days!
On season 3 right now and they are in the middle of season 4 across the pond. Pretty good show. Slow paced but well written.

On season 3 right now and they are in the middle of season 4 across the pond. Pretty good show. Slow paced but well written.

S1 started slowly but got me all riveted when it got going by Ep 3. I think that there were too many twists and turns at the end but that is to be expected when the crime is of a "historical" nature, all those culpable or related within the 6 degrees of separation, move on with their lives when it's an old and cold case. My opinion is that the great and top notch acting carried the day when it came to the conclusion of S1.

I'm still looking forward to watching S2 but now that I think I've figured out the M.O of the show, it remains to be seen if I can figure out the whodunnit :)

S1 started slowly but got me all riveted when it got going by Ep 3. I think that there were too many twists and turns at the end but that is to be expected when the crime is of a "historical" nature, all those culpable or related within the 6 degrees of separation, move on with their lives when it's an old and cold case. My opinion is that the great and top notch acting carried the day when it came to the conclusion of S1.

I'm still looking forward to watching S2 but now that I think I've figured out the M.O of the show, it remains to be seen if I can figure out the whodunnit :)
I got the free trial of acorn tv on amazon prime, but my health precluded me from watching much. At $5 a month I will probably reup. Tons of shows on there in this genre and a reasonable price.

I got the free trial of acorn tv on amazon prime, but my health precluded me from watching much. At $5 a month I will probably reup. Tons of shows on there in this genre and a reasonable price.

Did you mean Apple-TV? I really like science programs, not sci-fi so much but the actual sci ;) I'll get it just to cruise to see if they offer some wonderful science genre shows from PBS or BBC which I may have missed. I do have Curiosity streaming which was great but I think that they will go belly up and in the one year I must've watched as much as I could absorb :)

Did you mean Apple-TV? I really like science programs, not sci-fi so much but the actual sci ;) I'll get it just to cruise to see if they offer some wonderful science genre shows from PBS or BBC which I may have missed. I do have Curiosity streaming which was great but I think that they will go belly up and in the one year I must've watched as much as I could absorb :)
Nope Acorn tv. Its all british commonwealth shows, mostly bbc:)

So far been enjoying series Treadstone (HBO ? ) also Prodigal son on cable. Treadstone is spinoff from Jason Bourne movies. And Prodigal son , quick he’s a profiler working for NYPD, his dad is a incarcerated seriler killer.

Last edited:
Just a few more:
Luther...was awesome
Broadchurch...was awesome
Doc Martin
Rick and Morty
Mr. Inbetween
Watchmen
Castle Rock
Treadstone
Silicon Valley
The Blacklist
The Crown
The Greatest Events of WWII in Color (Did ya know the blitzkrieg worked because of crystal meth? Why wasn't that taught at school?)

Just a few more:
Luther...was awesome
Doc Martin
Rick and Morty
Mr. Inbetween
Watchmen
Castle Rock
Treadstone
Silicon Valley
The Blacklist
The Crown
The Greatest Events of WWII in Color (Did ya know the blitzkrieg worked because of crystal meth? Why wasn't that taught at school?)
They are bringing Luther back

Just a few more:
Luther...was awesome
Doc Martin
Rick and Morty
Mr. Inbetween
Watchmen
Castle Rock
Treadstone
Silicon Valley
The Blacklist
The Crown

Yup enjoyed Broadchurch :thumbsup: on Netflix. The same main actress (Olivia Coleman) will be playing the role of QEII in the upcoming season (3) of the Crown, since they are putting some age on the Queen and the Royals ushering in the 1970's. The Greatest Events of WWII (Netflix) is also excellent and a must watch.

I have never watched any Silicon Valley since I couldn't get in to it when it first came out. It wasn't the show itself, just a lot more other to watch on HBO! So this may be on my next binging guilty pleasure at some later future point, if I can get into it.

...(Olivia Coleman) will be playing the role of QEII in the upcoming season (3) of the Crown, since they are putting some age on the Queen and the Royals ushering in the 1970's.

I have never watched any Silicon Valley since I couldn't get in to it when it first came out. It wasn't the show itself, just a lot more other to watch on HBO! So this may be on my next binging guilty pleasure at some later future point, if I can get into it.

Silicon Valley. You need to be somewhat of a techie/nerd/geek to really enjoy it fully. As for Olivia Coleman, she's gotta be one of thee best actresses. Hats off to her. Well done madam. Well done.

Just watched both episodes of The Mandolorian...excellent :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two more words: Baby Yoda. (Not thee Yoda, but I don't remember them ever mentioning his species.)

Watch the Mandalorian...I have spoken! (which will make sense when you do)

Gotta get Disney streaming right? I supposed that one can be sneaky and just get the 7 days of free trials but not to re-up but that's, well sneaky! I think that Disney has a real shot in the streaming wars (duh!) but mostly for families with kiddos, teens, etc.

Also I'm gonna say something very sacrilegious but I really haven't followed any of the new Star Wars and all those from the late 70's are a good life time away in my memories!

Back