What are you watching & why? (splain)

So we saw Unut Gems last night. I can say we have movie passes, so I didn’t pay full price. IMO what a dry , drag out movie. I was really disappointed with it. My opinion is wait till it’s free to watch it. But again it’s only my opinion and what do I know lol.

So I have started to watch Messiah on Netflix. First off the bat, for a none believer person like me, I find this type of genre interesting enough to keep watching even if I do not immerse myself in it. Before I started to put time into this series, I looked for online reviews and been a very new release, I couldn't find much and the ones which were posted already, whether by critics (mostly) or by average joes, had all trashed and had rated it as a pass.

5 episodes into it, I will keep watching because I find the dynamics between a supposed second coming and believers an interesting subject. There have been many, many films and productions like this and there's nothing unique enough about this other than its in-you-face tackling of the current political issues both here at home and also in the Mid-East, but honestly I didn't find it any cornier than some episodes of Homeland and I've watched worse trash on Netflix than this! I think that Mark Burnett is involved with this project and from what I've read about him, he's a staunch Christian but I give him credit for putting something together that let's you, the audience decide how you may enjoy this rendering of the second coming, cult following, a charlatan fake prophet and anything in-between subjects.

For me, it wasn't a pass.

I'm halfway through the Pennyworth series. It's the origin story of Alfred from Batman. It's good, I'm enjoying it.
I tried watching Doom Patrol but that's awful.
Lost in space season 2 is good

Theres something fun about not tv in my home today.

The kids, 5 and 3.5 years old were given their first musical instruments today.

I'm watching them slowly but surely master the harmonica. It's flucking GLORIOUS.

I'm going to just retire now. They can take care of me with their harmonica earnings.

I didn't especially appreciate John wick 3. The first two I enjoyed. Third seemed like a filler, or a way to milk us John wick fans for as much as possible.

There were many points in the movie that I asked myself just what the eff was happening.

Oh well. I'll watch a part four.

I didn't especially appreciate John wick 3. The first two I enjoyed. Third seemed like a filler, or a way to milk us John wick fans for as much as possible.

There were many points in the movie that I asked myself just what the eff was happening.

Oh well. I'll watch a part four.

I agree. I liked 1 and 2. There is another Keanu Reeves movie that made no sense to me, Matrix.

Back