What are you watching & why? (splain)

I think I'll give this a go today. Although.....I did start Hollywood after you mentioned it. The wife walked in mid way through and I had to explain why I was watching two men have 'happy' time so graphically

You don’t need to splain it to me ;) This thread is a judgement free zone :D

Hollywood is total BS (in a good way) and that story never happened like that. They have infused some real characters with fictional ones and came up with a feel good story which quite frankly may seem very infantile to people of color or those of other sexual persuasions but it is a feel good story and gawd we need something like that sorta good mood story during these times. You will enjoy Hollywood on Netflix if you set aside your critical way of thinking :)

By you, I mean the general you and not necessarily You!

I once met Sam J Jones of Flash Gordon fame. He had just starred in Ted so I mentioned that myself and the kids had thought it was a funny movie.
He was not impressed the kids had seen Ted, and he wasn't shy about telling me so.
I'm now firmly team Ming

When I lived in the city of angels, I accidentally pissed off a security guard at a parking lot. He decided I was drunk (I wasn’t), and called the cops. The cop decided I wasn’t drunk. While the cop and security guy worked it out, a group walking by asked me what was going on. As I began to explain I looked up and realized I was talking to Peter Weller - to which I said , “Hey, you’re Robocop!”.
He seemed angry that I recognized/called him “Robocop”.
Told me he’d played many roles. I finished relaying what the cops and security were up to. When he turned to leave I said, “Well, can I at least shake Robocop’s hand?”
He reluctantly shook my hand and walked away.

Last edited:
When I lived in the city of angels, I accidentally pissed off a security guard at a parking lot. He decided I was drunk (I wasn’t), and called the cops. The cop decided I wasn’t drunk. While the cop and security guy worked it out, a group walking by asked me what was going on. As I began to explain I looked up and realized I was talking to Peter Weller - to which I said , “Hey, you’re Robocop!”.
He seemed angry that I recognized/called him “Robocop”.
Told me he’d played many roles. I finished relaying what the cops and security were up to. When he turned to leave I said, “Well, can I at least shake Robocop’s hand?”
He reluctantly shook my hand and walked away.

Never meet your heroes right:)
Saying that, and whilst we're 80's themed, I met Traci Lords once and she was lovely

The new new one? I didn't think it was out yet....freaking loved the actual Galactica reboot from a while back.

The one from like 15 years ago. The Comet channel was/is doing a marathon, but I missed the start of it (think they're up to season 3 now). But then they played the mini series so I at least got to see that.

The one from like 15 years ago. The Comet channel was/is doing a marathon, but I missed the start of it (think they're up to season 3 now). But then they played the mini series so I at least got to see that.
Ahh yes...amazing series, I've actually been watching it on Comet as well when on nightshifts followed by a few hours of Stargate:D

Ahh yes...amazing series, I've actually been watching it on Comet as well when on nightshifts followed by a few hours of Stargate:D

One thing I don't get is the "primitive" weapons. I understand that the humans are wary about advancing technology after the Cylon War, but in the 40 years since, why wouldn't the Cylons have more advanced weapons?

ETA: Did you watch that show Ascension a few years ago? The lady that played Six was in that too.

Last edited:
One thing I don't get is the "primitive" weapons. I understand that the humans are wary about advancing technology after the Cylon War, but in the 40 years since, why wouldn't the Cylons have more advanced weapons?
I actually see it as semi-realistic...energy weapons would be complicated and need a ton of power, chemical based projectile weapons are simple and effective.

Back