What are you watching & why? (splain)

A lot of banshee was shot right here in Mooresville. It's trippy watching that and seeing lots of places I know
Use to see that all the time with Xfiles, Millennium and a few others shows. Some people would do a drinking game, every time they recognize a location they'd have a shot.

The real trippy thing was they'd do a 2 minute foot chase that would cover 10+ miles from one dark alley to the park to Gastown to the spooky warehouse.

Wife and I went through S1-S2 Twin Peaks the last few weeks. I remember the hullabaloo when it came out but never watched it. It’s definitely unique. It’s like watching a bad dream dissolve late 80’s primetime TV. I’m amazed they actually showed it on ABC. As strange as is, the detective angle really draws you in and it’s a lot of fun.

Cobra Kai is out on Netflix now...really well done. The new Bill & Ted was pretty decent too.

Would you say it's Excellent?

If you guys want a date night movie you can stomach, try "About Time". Love story, meh..., but has a fun, mind bending time travel twist that keeps your brain plugged in trying to figure out if the story line has gaps or not based on if they strung together the sequence right or not.

I'm gonna try to get the TVs moved and hooked up tomorrow, we haven't even started season 2 yet:eek::mad:

I always get in trouble for getting the tv's and internet services all done on the first day and leaving building the beds to the next day:)

3 episodes of "the boys" have been released with the rest coming out weekly, so you have plenty of time to catch up

Season two of 'The Boys' is brutal so far :)
I know first season but says it all.

02v8bvxvlvl51.jpg

John Carpenter movies are some of my favorite for some reason.

Just watched THEY LIVE and IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS last weekend.

I own BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA.

Currently watching THE THING. Curt Russell just did the blood experiment.

They're looking for Blair now.....

You can’t mention John Carpenter and Kurt Russell without mentioning “Escape from New York.” A true classic in the realm of movie pulp fiction. Snake Pliskin was just so cool. It had a feel like a Tarantino movie before there were Tarantino movies. Definitely ahead of its time.

In 2020, the idea of New York becoming a national walled-off penal colony for criminals and thugs doesn’t seem as far fetched as it used to be. What a year.

Phil

I watched that one the next night haha. Great flick.
You can’t mention John Carpenter and Kurt Russell without mentioning “Escape from New York.” A true classic in the realm of movie pulp fiction. Snake Pliskin was just so cool. It had a feel like a Tarantino movie before there were Tarantino movies. Definitely ahead of its time.

In 2020, the idea of New York becoming a national walled-off penal colony for criminals and thugs doesn’t seem as far fetched as it used to be. What a year.

Phil

Back