What are you watching & why? (splain)

The Barbarians on Netflix. It’s not that great and nothing that we haven’t seen before in similar vein but I quite like the actress who plays one of the main protagonists. She’s a badass, fierce and very easy on my eyes!

Also, the dubbing is terrible so I watch it in its native German with subs.

Just in related news to films, movies and TV programmings for those who have not heard yet, Sean Connery passed away today at the grand old age of 90. We all know what films put him on the map but I liked him in quite a few other movies apart from his signature mark 007, particularly in The Man Who Would Be King.

ETA, very honorable mentions: The Untouchables / The Hunt For Red October / Medicine Man among the few other James Bond titles like From Russia With Love / Gold Finger ...

Last edited:
Head of State with Chris Rock last night, can't believe it's my first time watching- it's hilarious
RIP Bernie Mac

Just in related news to films, movies and TV programmings for those who have not heard yet, Sean Connery passed away today at the grand old age of 90. We all know what films put him on the map but I liked him in quite a few other movies apart from his signature mark 007, particularly in The Man Who Would Be King.

ETA, very honorable mentions: The Untouchables / The Hunt For Red October / Medicine Man among the few other James Bond titles like From Russia With Love / Gold Finger ...

Don’t forget Highlander !!!!! There can be only one ;):D:thumbsup:

Oh man . . . LOVE Olyphant as an actor in every thing he has ever been in that I've seen . . . Deadwood, Justified, and even season four of Fargo, which I'm still watching. Been going back through Season 1 just to refresh my memory before watching Season 2, because it has been so long ago. But now I think I might have to ditch that plan and just dive into Season 2.

I was all this time thinking the Mandalorian was set historically long before the Starwars movies. When Yoda was a baby (isn't he like 500 years old in the movies). But the scene where everyone is celebrating the Death Star blowing up says it is after the movies. I'm confused. Going to have to get my google on.

I was all this time thinking the Mandalorian was set historically long before the Starwars movies. When Yoda was a baby (isn't he like 500 years old in the movies). But the scene where everyone is celebrating the Death Star blowing up says it is after the movies. I'm confused. Going to have to get my google on.
Do we know that the baby is Yoda?

In the first series/season, they refer to the Empire. So I guess I thought this was taking place somewhere between around Epsiode 6 or between Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'm sure there are a LOT bigger Star Wars nerds than me out there :p, so hopefully someone can correct me. :D

Back