What are you watching & why? (splain)

Mindhunter was really good. The Fall wasn’t bad either.

Binged the heckuva Mindhunter this weekend and now I can't wait for its 2nd season :thumbsup:

Still not a great fan of grainy and dull looking cinematography even though era and period correct but the actin / dialog were both excellent and intelligent :)

Good job Mc. O'Doggy ;)

I'll give Mindhunter a go next after I finish Stranger things. I didn't watch season 2 of Stranger things, couldn't remember season 1 well enough to jump back in so I've started again. It's good stuff.

And Banshee was good too, that's also a Cinemax one.
'A recently paroled master thief assumes the identity of Sheriff Lucas Hood in Banshee, Pa., where his former lover and partner in crime relocated years ago and reinvented herself as Carrie Hopewell, the wife of the town's prosecutor'
Loved Banshee the early fights were brilliant.
I'll give Mindhunter a go next after I finish Stranger things. I didn't watch season 2 of Stranger things, couldn't remember season 1 well enough to jump back in so I've started again. It's good stuff.
Started watching 3rd season of Stranger Things . I thought the second season wasn't as good and I think they should wrap it up soon before it starts to really go down.

just finished watching stranger things 3, and it's surprisingly gory and violent compared to the first two seasons. I don't think the additional graphic violence added anything of value to the show, other than the technical talent and skill that went into pulling that stuff off. I like to watch it cuz our kid likes it, but the gore was a turn off for her, so we'll see where we're at with it when season four hits

I don't watch a lot of punditry, but when I do, I greatly enjoy The Majority Report

Thanks to this thread I found myself bingeing on Peaky Blinders the last week, almost done with Season 4... As said before, its has a pretty well written storyline. Next week will be Season 3 of Stranger Things as there will be a 12yo in the household (we'll probably have to re-watch Seasons 1 & 2 to refamiliarize ourselves with its storyline). Then I'm thinking of going back and revisiting Sons of Anarchy, I never really saw too many of those episodes... Other than sports, news and HGTV, we really don't watch too much network/cable TV anymore...

Thanks to this thread I found myself bingeing on Peaky Blinders the last week, almost done with Season 4... As said before, its has a pretty well written storyline. Next week will be Season 3 of Stranger Things as there will be a 12yo in the household (we'll probably have to re-watch Seasons 1 & 2 to refamiliarize ourselves with its storyline). Then I'm thinking of going back and revisiting Sons of Anarchy, I never really saw too many of those episodes... Other than sports, news and HGTV, we really don't watch too much network/cable TV anymore...

Loved Sons of Anarchy until they went to Ireland season 3 I think . To many stereotypes and bad accents and I'm Irish they weren't even close. Stopped watching it after that.

just finished watching stranger things 3, and it's surprisingly gory and violent compared to the first two seasons. I don't think the additional graphic violence added anything of value to the show, other than the technical talent and skill that went into pulling that stuff off. I like to watch it cuz our kid likes it, but the gore was a turn off for her, so we'll see where we're at with it when season four hits

I don't watch a lot of punditry, but when I do, I greatly enjoy The Majority Report

Finished watching S3 too and I agree with your take. I didn't enjoy the storyline and the contrived plot and the notion of the Russkies penetrating and infiltrating the town of nowhere-USA during an era when we were still extremely paranoid about the Soviets. By and large, as the show kids grow into the teens their character arc and their development will become harder to keep as the essence of the show, because they lose that cuteness and the innocence factor that kids have over rebelling teens. What I did enjoy was actually the sidetrack stuff like the nostalgic trip into the 80's and all the cheesy 80's stuff.

I also don't know about S4 because I presume that Hopper is now held captive somewhere in nowhere-Russia and that the "team" will have to rescue him surrounded by demo-dogs? Oh WEST WORLD, I cant wait much longer for thee ;)

Last edited:
⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎

You are being watched.

403921DA437E5BA2C8561CA3055BFFD604DFFC26

⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎

You are being watched.

403921DA437E5BA2C8561CA3055BFFD604DFFC26

Meh, have at it if watching fat and fugly middle aged brutes is your thang!

Me on the other hand, always liked the delightful scenery at that main mall in Scottsdale! What’s it called again? I wish that I was 35 years younger and was going to ASU to study BS in some BS! :D

Back