What are you watching & why? (splain)

I watched the movie Dune (based on the Frank Herbert novels) recently, and I have to say it is by far the absolute worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

It was so bad that I stopped watching 3-4 times, hoping I could forget it all, but it was so awful that I had to watch until the end.

Seriously, this may be the worst movie ever made.

Dunno about the worst movie honor but it’s up there with some epic disappointments like Water World, Heaven’s Gate.... You know star studded long meandering over budget, over promised and way under delivered crap. Heck Clooney dropped a big turd recently on Netflix (Night Sky?) which IIRC had 3 Oscar winning actors casted! There are a lot of B type movie crap which are worse but IMO if you wanna watch a real turd made by very big names, then watch Ishtar!

Dunno about the worst movie honor but it’s up there with some epic disappointments like Water World, Heaven’s Gate.... You know star studded long meandering over budget, over promised and way under delivered crap. Heck Clooney dropped a big turd recently on Netflix (Night Sky?) which IIRC had 3 Oscar winning actors casted! There are a lot of B type movie crap which are worse but IMO if you wanna watch a real turd made by very big names, then watch Ishtar!
What about Krull?

I regret standing up the worst movie challenge in this thread, for several reasons.

First, now I know what a Trickbaby is, and second, Sean Connery’s memory has been tainted perhaps forever.

But, I will now steer this iron ship of doom towards sunny shores—-

A few seasons of Letterkenney will make anyone smile, and provides much needed insight into the psyche of Canadians. Letterkenney is very recommended.

started watching Mandalorian this week. Made me wonder if Lando is short for Landolorian. If not, why do they call him Mando, not Lorian? I did notice a few LOTResque moments, so maybe there was a camp on the creative team pulling for Lorian, not Mando, who surreptitiously inserted a few references in revenge for being out voted on the dude's nickname. At any rate, there's lots of kung fu and lazers and cool looking shit so I'll keep watching it. But they did really miss the boat on the nickname, I won't lie it kind of pisses me off a little bit.

the Dune with Sting I didn't think was terrrrible, but I also like Water World so there's that. Kevin Costner's best roll- suited him to a T. And c'mon- Dennis Hopper!

Check out Into the Grizzly Maze on Netflix. Billy Bob Thornton as a grizzly hunter.🐻 🤣
KeeelBar!

Last edited:
I've been watching Twin Peaks for the past week or so and that music has been playing in my head nonstop for like 2 days.
253deaf36c6f00c5b70bd22756ee1cf1.gif

Over last pandemic year i have managed to catch up on some missed series and also went back to old and great like Ronin and The Heat.

Regarding dramas:
- Boston Legal - great dialogs, great chemistry between Spader and Shatner

- Sons of anarchy - again loved the story

- The last Kingdom - i am sucker for all medieval/viking themed production, initially thought it would be poor man's Vikings but it is actually very good

Back