What are you watching & why? (splain)

we watched '76 Omen last night and '06 Omen tonight, cuz June 6🐕🐕🐕😈
the remake was like the Omen for Dummies version
I watched the original with my daughter this year. I think you should have watched number two of the original, rather than the remake.
I don't acknowledge remakes if the original was good, e.g. this one or Spartacus, etc.

Eric, what were you looking for when you found that?
I cannot remember, that video has been in my favorites list for like 15 years. I originally posted this clip from a Jean Claude Van Damme movie I was watching but for some reason switched it to the poodle one. Been up since like 12:30 drinking and watching movies and cleaning this chicom rifle I got…

If you want a brief respite from the super weird stuff above, I recommend the Australian series “Mr. InBetween” about a hit man.

Also, the new movie “Nobody” starting the actor in Better Call Saul is very entertaining.

I have never liked poodles.

Recent watches . . .

"The Tomorrow War." Movie. A bit like a mashup of "Edge of Tomorrow," "A Quiet Place" and "Interstellar." I've noticed that in the last couple of decades, at least since the original "Independence Day," movie aliens tend to look similar . . . Independence Day, War of the Worlds, Edge of Tomorrow, A Quiet Place, The Tomorrow War. All similar I think. Anyway, I liked the movie, and especially the price (free with Amazon Prime). I think that there are some logical incongruities, so some suspension of disbelief is required, but I think that goes with the territory for these kinds of films. Acting is especially strong. I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

"Black Widow." Movie. Entertaining. Lots of comedic elements. David Harbour is a terrific actor and he almost steals this movie. It's a Marvel Movie. If you liked the others, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. If you didn't . . . I don't think that this one is going to turn you into a fan. Personally, I wasn't sure I wanted to see it, but my daughter is a big fan and kind of talked me into it. I'm glad I did because I liked it more than I thought I would. I think it has more comedy and pathos than most of the other MCU movies. I give it a 7 out of 10.

"Bosch." Limited TV series. Season 7. This is the last season of Bosch, which is one of my top two or three favorite series of the past decade, along with "Better Call Saul." The last two seasons of "Breaking Bad" were in the last decade, so maybe (?) that counts. Anyway, to me Bosch is like the culmination of all the great American cop and detective shows that have gone before, from Dragnet to Hill Street Blues to NYPD Blue to Law and Order, with even a dash of Barney Miller thrown in. The stories are compelling but not over the top unbelievable. The dialog is interesting. And the acting is strong. Titus Welliver embodies the character so completely that I could never imagine anyone else playing that part. The supporting cast is also very good. The events in Season 7 start on December 31, 2019 - a very interesting time for us to look back at in 2021, knowing all that we know now. So much foreshadowing of the coming Coronavirus pandemic. Since it's the final season for Bosch, we also take quite a few strolls through Memory Lane of events over the previsous six seasons. And a lot of character arcs are brought to satisfying conclusions. I give it a 9 out of 10, and my highest recomendation. I'm going to miss it.

The Morning Show -TV. I just started. Stars Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston, and Reece With her spoon. So far, it's OK.

The Quiet Place Part 2 - movie. It's OK. The children made me yell at the TV.

Record of Ragnarok - Manga TV series. Japanese cartoon. Mash up of Mortal Kombat, but with God's vs Humans. I was bored. It's OK.

Kevin Can F*** Himself - TV. Woman likes it. Idea is interesting. Starts as if a satire in front of a studio audience, but when the wife is alone, it turns "real". Worth watching the first episode, anyways.

Katla- TV. Icelandic series. It's weird. Volcano erupts and things get screwy.

Loki - TV. Stars Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson. Marvel so a bit juvenile, especially with Wilson being so....Wilson-esque.

Sex/Life - TV. Just don't watch it 🤦

Startup - TV. Stars Martin Freeman and Adam Brody. First episode was waaaay to TVMA. Mellows out significantly. Decent premise. Crypto startup. A less funny Silicon Valley.

Love, love, LOVE those summaries! Especially for "Startup" (especially if one removes the caps from silicon valley 😁). But I'd be worried if I lived with a woman who liked "Kevin Can F*** Himself" too much. I don't think that one is going to turn out very well for Kevin. :eek:

The Morning Show -TV. I just started. Stars Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston, and Reece With her spoon. So far, it's OK.

The Quiet Place Part 2 - movie. It's OK. The children made me yell at the TV.

Record of Ragnarok - Manga TV series. Japanese cartoon. Mash up of Mortal Kombat, but with God's vs Humans. I was bored. It's OK.

Kevin Can F*** Himself - TV. Woman likes it. Idea is interesting. Starts as if a satire in front of a studio audience, but when the wife is alone, it turns "real". Worth watching the first episode, anyways.

Katla- TV. Icelandic series. It's weird. Volcano erupts and things get screwy.

Loki - TV. Stars Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson. Marvel so a bit juvenile, especially with Wilson being so....Wilson-esque.

Sex/Life - TV. Just don't watch it 🤦

Startup - TV. Stars Martin Freeman and Adam Brody. First episode was waaaay to TVMA. Mellows out significantly. Decent premise. Crypto startup. A less funny Silicon Valley.
Been watching Kevin too. Not bad, but not as good as I hoped, at least so far.

Waiting to get a chance to start watching the new season of Miracle Workers, and The Beast Must Die.

Not really fun of live action adaptations but this one is great to watch.
Maybe because there are no any new quality movies about Samurais, but anyways Ive enjoyed all 4 series Ive watched. (in video there are trailers of first 3, 4th came out 2 months ago and now 5th is coming out in 1 month).

Rurounin Kenshin (aka Samurai X)

Back