What are you watching & why? (splain)

"See" aired S2E01 last night. It's been so long, I think I need to re-see (huehuehue) the first season.

Archer is out for another season, as is Brooklyn nine nine and The Walking Dead.

Watched some really below-mediocre movies lately on Prime.

"Adore" A-list cast . . . Naomi Watts; Robin Wright. F-list flick. Just atrocious. Don't ask. 1/10. 🦃🦃🦃🦃

"Zandalee." Nic Cage; Judge Reinhold; Marisa Tomei; Steve Buscemi; Joey Pants. Oofah! Straight to video. Just moderately better than "Adore" ("Adore" should have gone straight to dumpster) 2/10 🦃🦃🦃

"Intrigo: Death of an Author." I hope Ben Kingsley got paid for that one. Plot made no sense at all. I think the writer and director thought they were clever, but too many gaping holes. 3/10. 🦃🦃

"The Last Lullaby." Another hit man movie. We need more of those. In spite all his major demons, there was a reason that Tom Sizemore was cast in so many major movies . . . "Heat," "Saving Ryan's Privates," "Black Hawk Down," (even a small but memorable performance in "Point Break"), etc. Dude was (is?) a talented actor. What a waste. The acting elevated a very predictable and cliched plot here. 5/10 (I guess technically that IS mediocre). 😴

"Courier" was above-medicore, but not by a lot. I normally get scised for spy movies, but this one left me flat. Again, the acting elevated it. I think I could watch Benedict Cummerbund paint walls. 6/10. 😴

Why was I watching these movies? To paraphrase the immortal words of Howard Beale . . . because they were on television 📺, dummy. But hey, now that I watched them, you won't have to. :)

"Hap & Leonard" on Netflix because we couldn't figure out what to watch next.

I haven't chimed in this thread which I had originally started but I thank you all which you have kept it going. I have watched quite a few recently, some less memorable than others so I'm hoping to save you some time with my perspective. In no particular order:

- Reminiscence with Hugh Jackman. From one of the creators of WestWorld, in theaters and streaming on HBOMax. UGH! What a major freaking disappointment. Other than ogling over the hottie red-haired Swedish actress (Rebecca Ferguson) whose character reminisced (pun) Jessica Rabbit, this bloody thing was demising returns as it progressed till it ended. There are a couple / few cast members who will recognize from WW but other than that, major blah.

- Courier on HULU as already mentioned by the Amazing-Amazing. Maybe I liked it a bit better than the Amazing but yeah, not the best but certainly a lot better than the other garbage I've been watching.

- Nine Perfect Strangers on HULU. I like it so far. At the expense of sounding a bit pervy, I had noticed that Nicole Kidman must have a new set of, er, equipment. An Aussie native playing a Russian siren/guru though, I have to get used to.

Went to see The Night House ,, I’ll just say this DONT lol. Wait till it’s free !!!! But hey what do I know you may like it ?????

I watch Roswell, I started and got hooked. Getaway driver, pretty good contest show. Just don’t get why they bring cars they care about ? Oh and Josh Gates expedition
I may have mentioned these previously lol

As a huge fan of The Sopranos and the late great James Gandolfini's portrayal of Tony Soprano, I was eagerly anticipating the long awaited prequel to The Sopranos in form of the 2 hour long feature film The Saint of Newark and what a frigging disappointment. Well, I was truly underwhelmed enough in the middle of streaming it on HBOMax at home, to switch back to Netflix to continue watching this goofy Korean series named The Squid!

I don't want to say that it was horrible because I didn't watch it all and intend to watch it to its end but my life will go on without bothering with it either. After I mused about why it was so underwhelming for me, I sneak peeked reviews of it online and I seem to be in the majority with the movie's review consensus. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just started off on the wring foot with me soon as I realized that Christopher Moltisanti (played by Michael Imperioli) who Tony had (I won't spoil for those who have never watched the Sopranos) was narrating the story as Christopher Moltisanti the character!!! Like WTF?!

There are some of the usual usual good actors who play in Mafioso roles and some new ones but I dunno, maybe The Sopranos should've been left alone to the era of early 2000's to 2007 when it was the greatest show on TV.

^^^^^

Can't disagree with your take. It had a few moments, and several misses. My wife seemed to enjoy it a bit more than I did, but either of us could have walked away without looking back.

We went to "Squid Game" as well. Mostly because it's the kind of thing I'd never watch and decided to try something different. We're about a third in. I could walk away right now...but I'm sort of curious. Sort of.

I saw the new 007 movie today, No Time to Die, and it is bad.

Very long and rambling, story doesn’t make a lot of sense, almost zero secret gadgets, very few femme fatales (Ana de Armas is a sexy babe, but she has a tiny cameo), very short on action sequences, huge disappointment.

I kind of liked Daniel Craig’s James Bond in the prior movies, but this movie just sucks as a movie. Boring, uninteresting, and ultimately I didn’t care what happened to any of the characters.

I saw the new 007 movie today, No Time to Die, and it is bad.

Very long and rambling, story doesn’t make a lot of sense, almost zero secret gadgets, very few femme fatales (Ana de Armas is a sexy babe, but she has a tiny cameo), very short on action sequences, huge disappointment.

I kind of liked Daniel Craig’s James Bond in the prior movies, but this movie just sucks as a movie. Boring, uninteresting, and ultimately I didn’t care what happened to any of the characters.
Damn, I hope you have terrible taste in movies. I'm planning to see it next weekend with my son and we both had high hopes.

Finally watched all three seasons of Yellowstone. Hell of a freaking great show! If any of you haven’t watched it yet, do, it is great! Can’t wait for season 4 next month!
Couldn't get past the first couple of episodes. The scenery just wasn't enough to get past the formulaic acting and poor writing, imho.

Back