What are your favorite brands?

For the most part, I'm not an over the top brand loyal person. Not do I buy duplicates of knives. But if a company does right by me, and has a good established track record, I will continue to consider and/or purchase their products. So that brings me to Spyderco. I own 4, and have owned many of them. As a production company, they, for the most part, put out a quality, satisfactory product.

However, my interests have changed, and I don't look at them anymore. I'm into automatic knives now, especially OTF.

I am so extremely satisfied with my Hogue Exploit that I will not hesitate to purchase from them if the come out with a smaller version.

I like to try new companies, especially less mainstream. One knife on my list is the Heretic Manticore S.

Some of my favorite brands are Spyderco, Benchmade, GEC, Victorinox, Al Mar, Cold Steel, CRK, Fallkniven, Bark River, and some others. As much as I may like or appreciate any brand, I'm not a brand loyalist or apologist. If a maker turns out a dud I won't make excuses for that brand, or if they have a business practice I'm not crazy about I'll voice my opinion. One of the few downsides to knife collecting and the community are the brand apologists who will defend their favorite brand at all costs. That can be tedious.

Back