What are your thoughts about the US-made Gerber DoubleDown folding machete/knife?

S158qcD.jpeg

The US-made, Gerber DoubleDown Balisong-like Folding Machete/Knife,
featuring a 6.75" 420HC stainless steel drop point blade.​

It looks like a giant balisong. I like it. I don't know how good it is at what it's sold to be -- folding machete -- but it befits my penchant for the oddball.

147.00?? Theres so many better choices for the same or less i thought it was 50-70 another “winner” from gerber .

Giant Butterfly knife / machete idea is very cool but needs better steel . :(

Plus this one here already has been around awhile ...and it works ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well... They tried. Someone give them a participation medal.

For $14 you could get a 12" machete that could work circles around that and hold up for years. It will likely sell because the average joe thinks it's cool, I just hope it doesn't take a finger with it when it breaks.

They probably have to charge that much for it so they can afford the lawyers when people hurt themselves with it.

Coming from Gerber, I would expect it to be crap. Besides which, six inches of blade on a long handle doesn’t strike me as all that attractive. To test the concept, however, I am planning to stick a piece of broomstick into the handle of a CS Bushman. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be out $20. If it does, I still won’t get the Gerber thing.

I basicly meant theres better practical use machetes not bali type machetes.Its way overpriced too.

Makes me wonder exactly what market Gerber is targeting with this product. I can't see people who own Machetes or large Fixed Blades, or even those who carry balisongs jumping for joy upon seeing this product.

Makes me wonder exactly what market Gerber is targeting with this product. I can't see people who own Machetes or large Fixed Blades, or even those who carry balisongs jumping for joy upon seeing this product.
Pre-Pubecent Mall Ninja Wannabees with "rich" parents or grand parents possessing more cash than gray matter, that get them pretty much whatever they want?

What good is a 6.75 inch machete? Too short to chop vines/shrubs, remove or trim palm fronds ... or open coconuts ...

Gerber would greatly benefit from making knives the right way, good steel, good fit/finish, and good prices.

Show the market they see the light.

Instead, they keep proving why they are the outdoor company equivalent of the mail ninja store.

They had a brand they could have built into a powerhouse. Instead, they basically make gimmicks.

yeah, anyone on bf should know that machete and folding don't belong together ;)

my ontario machete is 1075 & tougher than nails and I could get a half dozen of them for the price of that single gerber

Pre-Pubecent Mall Ninja Wannabees with "rich" parents or grand parents possessing more cash than gray matter, that get them pretty much whatever they want?
What good is a 6.75 inch machete? Too short to chop vines/shrubs, remove or trim palm fronds ... or open coconuts ...

Such people really should not be allowed to possess sharp objects.

Back