What Books Are You Reading Right Now?

The End Of The World Running Club by Adrian J Walker started it after finishing The Last Dog On Earth by the same author.

Just finished Rebel Yell, the violence, passion, and redemption of Stonewall Jackson. Now reading Blue Moon by Lee Child.

Finishing up "The Flanders Panel" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. On deck is "The Club Dumas" by the same author.

Just finished Next to Last Stand. The latest in the Longmire series by Craig Johnson.
Now working on a James Lee Burke novel.

120th Regiment

22Q3toz.jpg

A great writer’s best work.

I don’t recall any specific knife content, but there must be some. After all, each volume of his Border Trilogy features a knife fight.
There's an early scene where Toadvine and the Kid meet and have a knife fight in the street.

"The man threw down the bottleneck and unsheathed an immense bowieknife from behind his neck."

Just finished Craig Johnsons 'Next To Last Stand" also, and have about 60 pages to go with James Patterson's "The Inn". I'm also most of the way through Newt Gingrich's latest...

"Blood Meridian" is why I own a Himalayan Imports Giant AK Bowie.

I have always imagined that it would be similar to Toadvine's knife.
Blood Meridian is an awesome book. I read it twenty years ago. Not sure I can stomach it to nowadays.

There are actually two, which I don't need to read because they run free anytime in my mind : "Under the volcano" by Malcom Lowry (writer) and "Blood Meridian" by Cormac Mc Carthy (writer). These are stunners.

Just finished Red Country (last in the 2nd First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie), and just started re-reading the Dresden files (Jim Butcher) with Storm Front, as Peace Talks and Battleground were released this year, but it's been so long since I finished the series last time.

Switching to Kindle years ago has saved me so much bookshelf space ;)

lmX3t3Q.jpg

For all of the cat lovers - there's a book that I finished that talks about how a cat can turn in midair to land on its feet. I never knew that physicists have argued about that for over a century! I mentioned the book somewhere else on BF but figured that I would mention it again since it is such a very interesting read, especially for cat lovers like me.
"Falling Felines & Fundamental Physics", by Gregory J. Gbur.

I recently read some of Ivan Doig, really good along the lines of Wallace Stegner. First was "This House of Sky" and I'm about to finish "Winter Brothers", kind of a sequel. Moving onto "Dinosaurs in the Attic" by Douglas Preston and "The Double Eagle" by Alison Krankel.

Referenced above was "Empire of the Summer Moon" which is excellent. I'd, also, recommend "The Heart of Everything That Is" by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin.

Back