What Brand of Shoes/Boots Do You Wear?

Merril Moabs for warm weather, and for colder weather, either Red Wings or an old pair of, twice resoled, over 15 year old, Cabelas moc toe hunting boots that I can't get rid of because they're the most comfortable pair of boots that I've ever owned.

I wear quite a variety of shoes but most frequently I'm in Adidas Ultra Boosts extremely comfortable yet responsive and fit's amazing but the traction portion of the soles are thin so they wear quickly hiking through the streets and they're pricey but imo worth it, got some La Sportivas on the way

I have very wide feet and plantar fasciitis. As a result, New Balance walking shoes are all I wear for street shoes. They fit and my feet don't hurt.

I have been wearing Merrill MQM flex. They are light and comfortable. I moved away from waterproof for sneakers- I prefer mesh, they dry quicker. If I need waterproof for the winter around town, I have my work boots from 5.11.

I want to check out the La Sportivas, I have heard great things about them.

I have been wearing Merrill MQM flex. They are light and comfortable. I moved away from waterproof for sneakers- I prefer mesh, they dry quicker. If I need waterproof for the winter around town, I have my work boots from 5.11.

I want to check out the La Sportivas, I have heard great things about them.
I've got a pair of La Sportiva hiking boots, and they are very comfortable. If it's too wet outside for my Salomons, then I'll put them on. And when hiking obviously.

I like my Red Wing Iron Rangers. I have a nicer black pair that I wear when not working and a nicely worn black pair that I alternate for work with another pair of Red Wings (not sure of the model). They are comfortable and light for me. Red or black Chuck Taylor high tops for when I need a tennis/athletic shoe.

I work in an auto factory so safety toe is a requirement but it's HOT and footing is solid so I wear work shoes, not boots.

I alternate between 2 pair, Keen and Timberland pros. I like the keens better in general but find alternating daily helps reduce back pain and makes the shoes last longer as they have a day to fully dry between use.

The timberland pros are the most popular at work (Honda, Marysville auto plant) but they're also >$25 cheaper than the cheapest Keens.

For work I go with Thorogood boots with composite safety toe.
At home Converse Chuck Taylor’s, been wearing them since early 80’s and I am down to my last pair of USA Chucks.

In the 90’s I bought about a dozen pair at Marshals for like 5 bucks a pair and they have lasted me pretty long.
Kinda dreading the day when I gotta get something different.

I have a decent selection, many older models. In the past few years I've tried to buy American made. It's hard as I wear a 14, sometimes wide. Used to be a 15. Lost a significant amount of weight in 2013.

American made:

San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS) Journey mesh navy
SAS Bout Time black

Keen Durand brown leather
Keen Rialto brown leather

Made elsewhere:

Nike air force 1 black/grey snakeskin
Nike zoom all out low gray
Nike air Max zero olive

(All purchased at the outlet)

Merrell zip up 8" winter boot circa 2007 black
UGG leather winter boots, a more rugged model, vibram crepe sole black
Reebok JJII navy/white/red (my workout shoe)
Under Armour Speedtire Ascent low gray
Brandblack JCII gray/white
Chaco Z/2 volv black/gray/red
Air jordan 3 retro slides white
Ecco slip on dress shoes 2 pairs, black and brown
Puma XT-2 green (my St. Patrick's day shoe)

The new Thorogood's are breaking in nicely and have been pretty damn comfortable since day 1.

I could have went with the typical 6" Moc toe, but that's what everyone goes with in a Wedge sole work boot.
I wanted something different and since I like the extra support I went with an 8" plain toe.

The new Thorogood's are breaking in nicely and have been pretty damn comfortable since day 1.

I could have went with the typical 6" Moc toe, but that's what everyone goes with in a Wedge sole work boot.
I wanted something different and since I like the extra support I went with an 8" plain toe.

Good looking boots and I agree with you regarding 6" moc toes. Since I last replied to this thread five years ago, I have since moved on from Red Wing onto White's for my boots. 8" red dog rough out, lace to toe wedge and a pair of 8" bounty hunters in brown chromexcel.

Good looking boots and I agree with you regarding 6" moc toes. Since I last replied to this thread five years ago, I have since moved on from Red Wing onto White's for my boots. 8" red dog rough out, lace to toe wedge and a pair of 8" bounty hunters in brown chromexcel.
I've heard nothing but good things about White's and and Horweens Chromexcel leather, I'd probably try them if I could afford to.
I hear great things about redwings as well, but Thorogood makes what I wanted while Redwing doesn't not that I've heard a single bad thing about Thorogood.
Moc toes are iconic and I have nothing against them but a plain toe is just so much classier for a casual boot.

I've heard nothing but good things about White's and and Horweens Chromexcel leather, I'd probably try them if I could afford to.
I hear great things about redwings as well, but Thorogood makes what I wanted while Redwing doesn't not that I've heard a single bad thing about Thorogood.
Moc toes are iconic and I have nothing against them but a plain toe is just so much classier for a casual boot.
Absolutely. I'm of the opinion that Red Wings are overpriced for what you get. I'm speaking of my experience with the heritage line, I do wear King Toes at work and feel the value is there. As for outside of work, I wear my White's. The northwest last (the wedge soled ones) feel way more different than the bounty hunters (semi dress last). I prefer the bounty hunters myself, but I wear the northwest when I am doing chores and errands. Quick pick, I am going to clean and condition the bounty hunters tonight.
Attach38398_20190927_175226.jpg

Absolutely. I'm of the opinion that Red Wings are overpriced for what you get. I'm speaking of my experience with the heritage line, I do wear King Toes at work and feel the value is there. As for outside of work, I wear my White's. The northwest last (the wedge soled ones) feel way more different than the bounty hunters (semi dress last). I prefer the bounty hunters myself, but I wear the northwest when I am doing chores and errands. Quick pick, I am going to clean and condition the bounty hunters tonight.
View attachment 1203687

Beautiful boots there.

White makes quality boots. I had a pair of White logger caulks back in the 70s. Bombproof in the worst conditions summer and winter. Those steel pins are fantastic in the brush, walking logs and busting through slash.

Danner’s loggers look similarly well built. I have their Corvallis for a regular work boot sun or snow, and the Quarry steel toe for working with rocks and trees or heavy equipment.

Merrill Ventilators for summer and Merrill MOAB's with GoreTex for winter.
Take it from a former New Balence wearer. I wear 14 EEE's and have high arches.

For a 6" moc toe workboot, a couple of months ago I bought a pair of brown Sears DieHard SureTrack workboots for only $60. Like so many other work boots made now, made they have a wedge sole which I do not prefer as I think they look goofy, but the outsole REALLY GRIPS on any surface so it truly lives up to the SureTrack name. The lining is pigskin and very comfortable. These are a great deal. There is also an 8" DieHard workboot.

Moc%2520Toe%2520Work%2520Boots.jpg

Stock photos:
spin_prod_964456612

spin_prod_964456712

Last edited:
Back