What Brought You To JK Handmade Knives?

Actually I too saw JK supporters in folk's sig lines and decided to check 'em out, now I can say I've bought more JKs than any others, custom or production.

If it ain't broke..don't fix it!

I did a Google search for edc or something like it, and a JK knife showed up. Clean basic lines that looked sturdy ..... just like me ..... the photo brought me here.

You bumped a thread for the Urban Survival Kit and now I am hooked. I really appreciate the fact that you do all the work yourself and the craftsmanship shows. I really like that you are active here on BF too. Kinda feels like a friendship more than just a pure business transaction. I look forward to adding many more to my collection.

I had a knife template that John brought to life. The Michigan Trail knife.

35d0cb6720f9ad1db4d8b972d8d835ce.jpg

Jeff

I was looking for a fixed blade EDC and that little IFSA Number Run caught my eye. Then I started Googlin' and a lookin'... and really like what I see!

I was looking for a fixed blade EDC and that little IFSA Number Run caught my eye. Then I started Googlin' and a lookin'... and really like what I see!

I like your sig line! I bought a Land Cruiser new back in 1978, unstoppable in mud or snow!

I like your sig line! I bought a Land Cruiser new back in 1978, unstoppable in mud or snow!

The only thing I didn't like about them is the ratchet seat belt. They could be really painful on a bumpy road.

I'm driving an '89 FJ 62. For me it's the perfect balance of real truck that I can wrench on and comforts (AC, power windows, 4th gear with an overdrive). I'd love to drop an H 55 manual in there but I'll wait until the automatic finally gives up the ghost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm driving an '89 FJ 62. For me it's the perfect balance of real truck that I can wrench on and comforts (AC, power windows, 4th gear with an overdrive). I'd love to drop an H 55 manual in there but I'll wait until the automatic finally gives up the ghost...

I used to park cars and one night a guy comes in with an FJ that he dropped a small block into. It would burn rubber into 3rd gear.

I used to park cars and one night a guy comes in with an FJ that he dropped a small block into. It would burn rubber into 3rd gear.

Very popular conversion back in the day. Before I got rid of mine (had to do to divorce) I put a 350 Chevy motor in it. I could lift the front wheels off the ground power shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.

I was just looking for a nice little EDC fixed blade that could also pull duty camping, hunting, fishing, etc. I didn't feel like paying $100 for a Boker bird and trout and I didn't like the designs of any of the cheap ones either. I saw a picture of your Bluegill during a Google Image search, then discovered the Toby Knife, then discovered this forum and the very reasonable prices and the great interaction, and now I'm saving up and trying to decide what to order!

Welcome tall_papa!!

best

mqqn

Thank you! It's been a blast looking through all 71 pages of the pictures thread and reading the reviews and such, these knives and their maker seem to bring a lot of people together.

A great group of people hang out here, stick around and join in the discussions.

Very popular conversion back in the day. Before I got rid of mine (had to do to divorce) I put a 350 Chevy motor in it. I could lift the front wheels off the ground power shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.

They are beasts off road, but SCARY over about 50 mph!

Older thread revival! Sweet!
Spotted a knife someone else had posted on another forum and contacted John about it. Not super active much now-a-days but still lurk quite a bit.

Back