What Buck are you carrying today?

Happy Birthday to me! A great buy from @RICKSTER. Strong action, beautiful color and shine, and the factory blemish is nearly invisible (and I'm not telling what it is!).

CQKB1j0.jpg

Zieg

SK Blades "The Gentleman". German Silver bolsters and liners, black G10 covers, CPM154 drop point blade.

(shown with my "good" fountain pen (the only fountain pen I got, so it must be my "good" one, right?) and my gold anodized free plus shipping "Castnoo" 18650 battery LED flashlight. Glad I had a "extra"18650 from a vape mod that perished...)

View attachment 1428234

Please use the sheath. that would be a gruesome injury if the blade deployed in pocket.
VERY wise advice.
I know of a person that had that very thing happen to them.
The knife came open, cut their leg and required many stitches to fix the hand when they reached in to retrieve the knife.

Of course that was after they were advised not to carry the knife that way so.....

Last edited:
pnQWeGQ_d.webp

One of my favorite versions of the 110, the Alaskan Guide. Great edge holding s30v with a tough as nails coating. Has anyone bought one of the new Cerakoted ones yet? I'm disappointed with the switch but haven't actually handled one yet.
yes on a vantage one. the cerakote isn't bad at all. its slippery and functions similar. I prefer the other coating to it, but the cerakote works.

Cool deal. From everything I've ever seen about cerakote I was afraid it would show wear pretty fast if I cut a bunch of cardboard or other somewhat abrasive material.

Cool deal. From everything I've ever seen about cerakote I was afraid it would show wear pretty fast if I cut a bunch of cardboard or other somewhat abrasive material.
well that it might. I haven't really tested it on abrasive material. food stuff it slices through better than plain blade. for hunting or game cleaning use id expect it will perform similar to other coating as in smoother less drag and friction. everyday type tasks like cardboard i think youll see wear. I dont know that, as I haven't tried. ill grab mine tonight and try it out and let ya know.......

no daggers or double edges/sharpened clips in Washington state? or just rarity of them and too darn nice to carry?
I don't pay any attention to WA state knife laws. Not because I'm ignorant, its just theres no cops and I don't hang with the wrong crowd. Besides with Buck right here across the border you will see cops in there also.

WA STATE LAW

It is a gross misdemeanor to furtively carry with the intent to conceal any ‘dagger’ ‘dirk’ or ‘other dangerous weapon’. There is a circumstances of possession element to ‘other dangerous weapon’ such that it can include, for instance, a paring knife with a 3-inch blade.

It is also a gross misdemeanor to simply possess a spring blade knife which under the definition would include an automatic knife or gravity knife; but exclude any movable blade knife with a ‘bias toward closure’

I don't pay any attention to WA state knife laws. Not because I'm ignorant, its just theres no cops and I don't hang with the wrong crowd. Besides with Buck right here across the border you will see cops in there also.

WA STATE LAW

It is a gross misdemeanor to furtively carry with the intent to conceal any ‘dagger’ ‘dirk’ or ‘other dangerous weapon’. There is a circumstances of possession element to ‘other dangerous weapon’ such that it can include, for instance, a paring knife with a 3-inch blade.

It is also a gross misdemeanor to simply possess a spring blade knife which under the definition would include an automatic knife or gravity knife; but exclude any movable blade knife with a ‘bias toward closure’

It looks like you can carry it on your belt. Just don't cover it with a shirt or jacket.....

Back