What Buck are you carrying today?

This is the 119 I bought my teenage son a while back. It’s cleaned and de-boned close to 50 Axis deer so far. He loves it, as it has performed flawlessly. (Please bear in mind we are fortunate to subsistence hunt.)

And I love it because we get to enjoy the meat!

Just finished putting another course edge on it.

Thanks Buck family!
0D871C93-7E94-471A-8B0D-4A0E7D5709A1.jpeg D00F380C-0468-417F-9D7D-A7FD97283709.jpeg DE9035AF-F66B-42F8-A129-E960C55D4F8E.jpeg 898E47BA-FD90-4BDD-8B45-AB99B231E160.jpeg

Buck 110 Slim Pro for today ( afishhunter afishhunter I also carry a pocketknife everyday, often another brand but sometimes a Buck as well). As I've gotten used to this knife, I find I like the redesigned clip blade as compared to the original Buck 110 - I thought it too extreme at first, but it has grown on me. OH
Buck-110-Slim-Pro.jpg

New pet. Boris would be a good name.

What's that sheath you have there?
How do you like that over the factory sheath for the auto?
Those orange ones are cool!
Boris, indeed! "Who" would have thought of it? :rolleyes:

I like this pocket sheath (from a non-BF maker) much more than the factory auto sheath, which is impossible to draw the knife from, in my opinion, due to the extra leather in there meant to protect against accidental opening. I need the knife to be in horizontal draw or in the pocket, so I'm using the nylon 110 sheath or this leather one. So far, no accidents, but I also keep the button facing to the inside, which helps avoid the problem. Now if only I can get @MT_Pokt to put a lanyard loop on this one, it'll draw more quickly from the pocket!

Zieg

This is one of those knives that make you VERY self-concious about the amount of money you've wasted on knives. For 20 bucks you get a solid USA made knife that will do anything you'd ask of a pocket knife. Makes me look at the rest of them with embarrassment.

I have a love hate relationship with this one, while it's not quite as soulless as some other knives out there, it just doesn't have the personality of brass, wood, bone etc. But it's hard to justify all that...

QfpJycql.jpg

I have two of these, one being the Smoke Jumper, and I agree with you 100%. I've posted elsewhere that these plastic Bucks will be found in perfect working order in tackleboxes, glove compartments, and toolboxes well over 100 years from now. That sounds like hyperbole, but just think about all the working hand tools we have now from a century ago and then consider the materials in these Bucks: 440HC stainless steel and glass nylon.

Zieg

I have two of these, one being the Smoke Jumper, and I agree with you 100%. I've posted elsewhere that these plastic Bucks will be found in perfect working order in tackleboxes, glove compartments, and toolboxes well over 100 years from now. That sounds like hyperbole, but just think about all the working hand tools we have now from a century ago and then consider the materials in these Bucks: 440HC stainless steel and glass nylon.

Zieg

I definitely agree with that sentiment. My family and I were recently sorting through my late grandfathers old tools and it got me think about what my kids would end finding in my tool box and you know you're right, a lot of my other knives will be rusted out with cracked wood scale and tarnished handles, but this buck will just be sitting there. Almost insulting haha

Back