What Buck are you carrying today?

My two cents: I don't know who gets an American made versus Mexican made sheath, but there is nothing wrong with Mexican leatherwork, especially as contracted by Buck (Buck does not allow shoddy work to carry their name). They are skilled craftsmen and -women; just as skilled as Americans and I am proud to carry their work. I have many fine leather products made in Mexico, from boots to bridles to sheathes and I am honored to enjoy the products of my fellow working men and women!
It's perfectly fine stuff for sure, but I do love things to be American.made whenever possible.
No complaints though and I'm not gonna rush out to replace my 110 sheath.

What's the story with the sheath ?
I heard leather sheath production was back In the US, but even the 2021 110 I just bought my brother the shea this still Mexican.
Is it just the more premium stuff that gets a domestic sheath , or just the blister pack Walmart stuff that gets a Mexican sheath ?
There was a run of USA made padded nylon sheaths made for a project that was canceled. Buck sold them thru the store for a bit. Real nice first class nylon Sheath.

There was a run of USA made padded nylon sheaths made for a project that was canceled. Buck sold them thru the store for a bit. Real nice first class nylon Sheath.
Thanks for the info.

I normally prefer leather, but did like the polyester sheath for my 110lt when I carried it because the horizontal carry was a nice option just to mix things up once in a while.

I reworked an old 110 vertical leather sheath to carry horizontally. It rides nicely.
I'm intrigued. Can you provide details?

Sporting the 110 today instead of my usual 112. I'm going to try this for a while.
H9JGPmAl.jpg

Carrying my new Paradigm today. Unfortunately, the pocket clip had to go. It's a bit longer than the Vantage clip and quite a bit tighter. With the extra texture on the scales it made insertion and removal from my pockets rather frustrating. Thankfully though, I had just ordered a new 183 Alpha sheath and the Paradigm fits in there perfectly. Normally I will let this 590 sit in the bottom of my front pocket but the sheath is perfect for when I am required to have the knife visible.

My apologies for the busy background. The lighting in our new place isn't the best for photography. I had to go outside. I'll try to fix that soon.

20210724_125144-01.jpeg
20210724_125320-01.jpeg

edit: I tried to mount a spare clip from a Vantage but the holes on that one are too small for the screws on the Paradigm. Once I can purchase the correct drill bit I'll give that a go.

Last edited:
Back