What Buck are you carrying today?

I took my dog and recently purchased Buck 110 in 5160 and oak for a walk a bit after noon (hot!) today, and figured I better get a couple pictures. I'm really loving this knife!

AFOJuhi.jpg

mLsrp1T.jpg
Nice pictures. The humidity is doing a great job of giving your 110 that ‘well aged’ look.

John

Nice pictures. The humidity is doing a great job of giving your 110 that ‘well aged’ look.

John

Thanks! And you're right about the humidity, I've only had this for about a week so far. Good ol' Pacific Northwest, lol. I'm glad I went with a 110 with brass bolsters over nickel-silver. I really like how the patina is coming in. :)

Last edited:
I've been boring lately. I've been carrying a 110 pro since I got it. Lots of things going on personally so the knife hobby has been set on the back burner. I don't know if it will ever be the same for me, but stuff happens. I wish I was able to get the 110 with the disk and pocket clip or the green micarta and s35vn drop point before everything started going south on me.

Thanks guys....I really appreciate it. Sometimes when we make sacrifices and do what we think is best for our families, it leads to a distance between people. Working two jobs for 80 hours a week to support my family for the past 4 years may very well be the worst thing I could have done, and it's hard to understand. Time is as important as anything else so make sure you hug your wives or significant others today and never forget the value of family...

I think I'll go back to my club 301 today .It's the only BG42 Buck I have and use. It is almost time to sharpen the clip blade along with a few other knives. Bucks 301 is a surprisingly handy and useful smaller knife. For years I carried a 503 or other small locking knife..

Lots of things going on personally so the knife hobby has been set on the back burner. I don't know if it will ever be the same for me, but stuff happens. I wish I was able to get the 110 with the disk and pocket clip or the green micarta and s35vn drop point before everything started going south on me.
JD, remember...'when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping' get that 110:D:p:D You are in my thoughts, I know from personal experience even in the darkest moments, things have a way of working out for the best. Preston

I'm rocking the 505 Knight today! And a small Alaskan Guide 342 Vantage. And a SAK.

JD, remember...'when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping' get that 110:D:p:D You are in my thoughts, I know from personal experience even in the darkest moments, things have a way of working out for the best. Preston

Thanks Preston...that was pretty funny. I appreciate the thoughts brother. I did manage to slip in an order for the forum knife, so that'll be a good one if it's the last one for quite a while. But man, that green micarta is calling me...and I'm not even a fan of synthetics.

JD I've had physical problems but you inspired me to work harder to get my blood sugar levels under control (not there yet) I count my blessings and count on the Lord when I can't fix things...Hang in there.

I'm glad to hear it man. Blessings can be few and far between sometimes, so we have to appreciate them when we recognize them. Sometimes staying positive and focusing on the good things in our lives is all we got. Hang in there and keep after your goal. I wish you the best my friend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did happen to finally change my 110 today....I went with stag, black oxide s30v. I sanded the blade coating down so it's more of a gun metal grey and looks a lot better. Almost looks like a dark patina.

Back