What Buck are you carrying today?

Found three circa 1980 pocketknives at an antique mall this past week, I bought three (two Bucks and one Case). All were NOS but were coated with grimy oil (took this picture in the parking lot of the antique mall). I've cleaned all of them up and carried the Buck 307 Wrangler today - going fishing early tomorrow morning so I'm going to carry it then too. Been awhile since I've stumbled into a few nice old Buck Knives. OH
Buck-307-Wrangler-2.jpg

Proudly carrying my new two-dot 112 today. I've wanted a 112 for years and almost ordered one this week, but in the end I couldn't make up my mind and put it off. So glad I did! Yesterday I went into the local knife store and was telling the owner about that, and he said he had just taken in a 112 in trade. One look and I snapped it up.

46621031901_cbe87152d0_b.jpg

Went crazy today and wore my 1992 mint 119 out and about. Walmart, Sons house and Italian deli for some spaghetti and meatballs. Really carried well and really dont think anyone noticed. All but the last inch of the sheath was covered by my untucked shirt.

I carry my 112 slim clipped in my PJ’s lol. I desided in 2018 to carry all the time. The slim made it possible to carry when im slumming around the house and yes when i sleep.

A standard 501 and a 110 LT. The rosewood on the 500 series really does have some nice grain. I'm really starting to appreciate Buck's 420hc again. For a while there I thought I had to have s30v, but recently I've been digging the 420hc more. It takes such a good edge and it's easy to put it on there. I reckon sometimes you gotta dance with who brung ya....

Packing the 112 Slim Select in 420HC again today. While I really like the high end steels, I have to agree that the standard 420HC with Bucks fantastic heat treat and edge geometry does a great job for many of my EDC chores.

Back