What Buck are you carrying today?

110 and 360 Tool:
2Qjb79E.jpg

I had my Black 112 Slim..again! But today I made a deal for my next carry Buck a Strider SB.1. Its ATS 34 steel with a tanto point unsharpened but no box. I've had 2 Strider's before but never used or carried either . One was a blue handle police trainer and the other had a pear shaped blade. I gave both to my son Richard and he used the regular one for almost a year working with KathyJo's brother a plumbing contractor every day. He told me he never abused it but didn't baby it either. He said it was the toughest, sharpest knife he's ever had and more importantly kept a great edge and opened easily with just a little flip. It made him a believer in super steels and even though he switched to a Vantage because of weight and size with dress clothes (sales manager KIA dealership) it's always close by . I'm really looking forward to using such a beast! I have a 653 with a tanto point but it is my 'Truck Buck' only. This will be the first time I will have a folder with that blade shape.

I cant figure out how to upload pics here,but carrying 2 that I bought last nite.
The new ebony slabbed 110 and the 110LT.
Couldn't believe it when I saw the ebony at the dept store for $35 and the LT for $19.
I'm just starting to build back up my knife supply,and glad to find USA made new ones.
Been a Buck fan since my first deer...33yrs ago

I cant figure out how to upload pics here,but carrying 2 that I bought last nite.
The new ebony slabbed 110 and the 110LT.
Couldn't believe it when I saw the ebony at the dept store for $35 and the LT for $19.
I'm just starting to build back up my knife supply,and glad to find USA made new ones.
Been a Buck fan since my first deer...33yrs ago
Join a photo hosting site, many are free. Use/paste the BBCode in the reply box. You might have to resize, some hosting sites do that for you.

I’ve had the open season (large) in s30v on my belt all weekend. May put the folder in its place later. I absolutely love the style of handles of the open season in s30v, fixed or folder. The fact that they stay sharp a long time is just a bonus. Haven’t even tried the newer s35vn models yet!!

Did you burn the handle
naw, it's a factory 2nd. not a burn more just a knot in wood flaw. other issue with it is the blade hollowgrind is offset a bit. it isnt even. doesnt matter as I can keep it sharp and it's a great user. I got it from Mak while back. he also did the patina on it.

Back