What Buck are you carrying today?

I wish I could post some better photos but today was my 501 with a replacement blade and maroon micarta handle scales.
Someone before me sent it in to Buck and had a new blade installed. I love the micarta handle; I wish it was an option in the Custom Shop.

Bzu_2KFtGWX_a97blrQE6-peueyEOppwYM_WlLkxNs6LeROiN-X_huRN4zkG4x7p0Q0EwrSyeY7jUeq6JrIWNq-tUfNlkGmdaYDlhaPQweof4-Sek1Bt1kIfo1M7bmj8Tt9EOpWjDS__ELtCOEYYsf0PA6DU7PxZCoONtzjT8hvQygJFBaaf3JYWNgjH357niLMEQ45s5Yn_9Mx2GPWefSC9J3AXRdbIjBjOLdwvutXAAz_dWf3OHl13r9qTbr7ddgqJH7x6gajjsIjqZui2pxPh5UflAY_PS1aGi7cCkeB8_rG-Rz_4C4BB0mYZS-aRrW21-qlT1Q1B6P7lJMDO0QCfmI8W2yH2RnvVfqRXjvS2vIobTLcyKnf8v7w7Z-noFyTwgDyAsMou15hRHWobxg8hETj4XM7Lyo1SXiS0yv2W-ITqYhQoIOewhuYQUCps3AHHPfq_DfHiv636WWPacdZ3QbvQd4O7_iwzRyIp2hKE5-xXMFniqP-qNaHWwtxi6P0_oTAEcAlNqVuvv7Go09DjRnAZciI8RPmArWMfmtTcUZb3c0DkUJX99HVoHHi4SwT1_1Ch4sQ7WnssgMD6pS0RHaUgUwzDfnjUD0B20ZG5F0jUU11S76vp2cPSdVLznWKA-HHQ_iE9Cphk0Nh-C49CcQ43CpQ=w592-h789-no

Last edited:
1552583985401647187567974131908.jpg I just got this 112 LT ..There's nothing odd about it but I have the feeling it won't stay long in Bucks catalog so I bought one. The 112 Slim I carried since Christmas is just about perfect except possibly the clip and since the price point is close I think the LT will be dropped like the EcoLite was. What IS odd is so far there is no advertising versions or LE's of any kind in either the Slim or the LT. It seems to me a perfect model for that! Heck I'm going to use the shieth too even though it's only a few ounces..I sure hope Buck doesn't give up on the LT and give us some color and blade choices..With a high radius grind drop point at this price point would fly out of Post Falls to my house here in Florida!

A 112FG is on my belt almost everyday of the year. My watch pocket has last year’s traditional forum 301. Both are special & were gifts.

BUCK!

There’s also another brand next to the 301, a legume retirement & moving gift from a friend who knows more about folders than I do.

View attachment 1091338 I just got this 112 LT ..There's nothing odd about it but I have the feeling it won't stay long in Bucks catalog so I bought one. The 112 Slim I carried since Christmas is just about perfect except possibly the clip and since the price point is close I think the LT will be dropped like the EcoLite was. What IS odd is so far there is no advertising versions or LE's of any kind in either the Slim or the LT. It seems to me a perfect model for that! Heck I'm going to use the shieth too even though it's only a few ounces..I sure hope Buck doesn't give up on the LT and give us some color and blade choices..With a high radius grind drop point at this price point would fly out of Post Falls to my house here in Florida!

I'm curious why you think the 112lt won't stay around long? Seems to be a solid product.

I felt the same way about the Ecolite..Just about the perfect EDC. Light, very ergonomic it seemed like a surefire winner for Buck but was dropped in only 2 to 3 years. The LT is so similar to the Slim but the Slim comes in different colors, blade steels and Buck is committed to that model but so far we only have 1 version and color of the LT. I hope I'm completely wrong and we see advertising and safety award LT's but so far..none. Except for a very, very few models in Bucks lineup they must sell to stay. What I really based that comment on was the fact that only a handful of listings on Ebay were for the LT so I assume sales are low but that's only one retail market.

I've been carrying my Custom Spitfire since I received it last month but I think my Vantage Pro Small will be back in my pocket from now on. The Spitfire is a sweet knife with those G10 scales and almost disappears in the pocket, but since I never use the pocket clip I have a hard time with the Spitfire and being able to tell which way is up/down/etc, unless I have it in my hand and am looking at it. Maybe I just have more time in with my Vantage Pro, but I can tell in an instant just by feel where that flipper is and how I'm going to deploy it.

Back