What Buck are you carrying today?

NyIoJQW.jpg

I'm going with a 500 today. I got one a while ago because I love the 501, but never connected with the 500. The ratios seem off to me. I always thought the blade was a little too small for the handle and wasn't proportionate. There's a whole lotta bolster as well. But, I grabbed it this morning and we'll see how it goes....

Is the 500 handle slimmer than that of a 112? I haven't yet embraced belt carry (my fixed blade is there); and the 112 is larger than I like to have sitting in the bottom of my pocket.
Today feels like a 501 day, to me
(I'll add the pic later - I'm going back to bed for a while)

Is the 500 handle slimmer than that of a 112? I haven't yet embraced belt carry (my fixed blade is there); and the 112 is larger than I like to have sitting in the bottom of my pocket.
Today feels like a 501 day, to me
(I'll add the pic later - I'm going back to bed for a while)
Yes it is. I have a 500 and compared it the other day to a 112 because I love the looks and feel of the 112. The 112 is definitely thicker! For me the 112 is a belt sheath knife. It is too heavy for pocket carry, at least for me it is. I am sure there will be others that feel differently.

Yes it is. I have a 500 and compared it the other day to a 112 because I love the looks and feel of the 112. The 112 is definitely thicker! For me the 112 is a belt sheath knife. It is too heavy for pocket carry, at least for me it is. I am sure there will be others that feel differently.
Thank you!
My 112 is a drop point, with nickel silver bolsters so very 500ish in appearance. I love the way it feels in hand (my dislike of modern folders with 3" is that most feel too small); but, as you said, it screams belt carry. Guess I'll keep my eyes open for the right 500 (I was watching one on the bay... apparently not closely enough, though - I missed the end)

I'm going with a 500 today. I got one a while ago because I love the 501, but never connected with the 500. The ratios seem off to me. I always thought the blade was a little too small for the handle and wasn't proportionate. There's a whole lotta bolster as well. But, I grabbed it this morning and we'll see how it goes....

Ya, the 500 is just a snubbed up 110 and slimmed.
I like the front bolster on the 112 but the 500 being slimmer pocket carries much better.

I bought a 500 because my 112 was a bit more than I wanted in my pocket. I found that both are pocket chunks, mostly due to the weight and I still carry them in my pocket. For this reason, I've been crying and pouting for an aluminum 112, so far to no avail. I am relentless in my mission and I will continue my crusade for the aluminum 112 until I'm banned from this forum for my tedious behavior.
(Oh yeah, an aluminum 500 would be cool, too.)

I read somewhere the 112 aluminum is in the making. you have seen the 112 slims, I presume.
I have two 112 Slims and I recommend them highly. I also like the grip of the thicker handle on the classic 112 and there's just something about natural handle materials with bolsters that appeals to me. Aluminum, brass, micarta, I haven't met a 112 that I don't like. I'll take one of each, please.

Ya, the 500 is just a snubbed up 110 and slimmed.
I like the front bolster on the 112 but the 500 being slimmer pocket carries much better.

I carry both in a sheath. I wanted to try the 500 today since it's a little lighter and summer is coming up.

I tell you what though, give me a 500 with finger grooves and we might be on to something....

Back