What Buck are you carrying today?

Thank you very much. My next plan is to make a wharncliffe blade with a thumb hole for a 110lt and then put pocket clips on both. Maybe next time it will be alot better executed.

This one looks very well executed. Your next one sounds interesting. I'd like to see how the pivot on that one turns out; whether it's as clean as this one. (Brass vs. plastic) Make sure u post pics up for us I'm sure I'm not the only one who very much like to see it.

This one looks very well executed. Your next one sounds interesting. I'd like to see how the pivot on that one turns out; whether it's as clean as this one. (Brass vs. plastic) Make sure u post pics up for us I'm sure I'm not the only one who very much like to see it.
I actually messed this one up as I tried to countersink the brass with a drill bit. To make matters worse it was far to big of a drill bit and I went too deep. I'll be sure to post the next project for sure

"A" for effort. But for looks well it aint anything close to what i would like, but its not mine so thats fine.
However, could you put another pin in it and leave extra long to be able to mushroom it out enough to fill the counter sink.
Or you could thin the hole knife, taking it down enough the counter sink would disappear.
Maybe you could find a screw with large enough head to cover, similar to what is in the take apart aluminum 110.

"A" for effort. But for looks well it aint anything close to what i would like, but its not mine so thats fine.
However, could you put another pin in it and leave extra long to be able to mushroom it out enough to fill the counter sink.
Or you could thin the hole knife, taking it down enough the counter sink would disappear.
Maybe you could find a screw with large enough head to cover, similar to what is in the take apart aluminum 110.
Thinning it down was what I was going to try next actually. Not only would it fix the counter sink but it would make it lighter. I tried leaving the pin long but the stainless wouldnt peen enough to fill the gap.

943B1D99-4874-4FDD-88E6-8AFC1BDF40E4.jpeg
Thank you very much. My next plan is to make a wharncliffe blade with a thumb hole for a 110lt and then put pocket clips on both. Maybe next time it will be alot better executed.

Your Wharncliffe blade may be a little on the short side as there is not a lot of room for the blade tip in this handle configuration.

View attachment 1113984

Your Wharncliffe blade may be a little on the short side as there is not a lot of room for the blade tip in this handle configuration.
I already have a paper design drawn up. All you have to do to get more length is bring the angle of the edge up and put the point in the same location as the original point. I'm not sure if it will look funny though

The April BotM 55 of course!

IAW4iIN.jpg

Back