What Buck are you carrying today?

I'm back to my Buffalo horn 112 Slim...I had put it in the door pocket of the Fit. I always keep a bigger fixed blade Buck in my car for 'just in case' but lately I keep a folder too so I absolutely know I have a decent pocket Buck in case I walk out of the house and need to cut something..

My daily carry, is the Buck 525 Gent. Love this knife. Thought I lost it once, and panicked, but found it after 2 weeks in my suitcase. Every once in awhile I looked it up on Buck's website, just to reassure myself that I could replace it if I really lost it.

Well, today I was surprised to see that it is discontinued. I chatted on Buck's website and found it was discontinued in 2017. I thought it would be there forever.

Does anyone know where or how I can purchase a new one?

Thanks,

PK Davis

Bought a new pickup a week ago, been getting it setup - toolbox, bedliner, etc. Just decided this would be the fixed blade "truck knife" - a late Buck 121 Fisherman (blade thicker than early Fisherman, but not as thick as the current 121 Guide). Perfect for all fishing chores and good enough for deer if needed (if somehow I found myself without my Buck 118). OH
Buck-121-Fisherman-late.jpg

OH.

I like your choice.
That foldover sheath makes sense for bouncing around in a truck door.
....... now you got me looking for one of those..........

Know what you mean GPyro. I only owned about 6 or 7 Buck Knives when I found this place in 2012 (thanks 300BUCKS) - now I own a BUNCH! You have all you need, then you see something you didn’t know about and - gotta have it (just this year a Buck 212, last year it was a Buck 117 and the Blade Forum special Buck 301) - I’m sure next year there will be more! OH

This as a "Not Carry" day.

I'm watching football.

I stay away from sharp objects.

Too likely to yell and jump up and down and wave my arms.

Hazardous.

I was sharpening a knife once while watching a game and did exactly that. I dropped it when I jumped up and my reaction was to catch it and sliced my thumb open good. I went to drs next day for stitches but they said it was to long and asked why I didn’t come in when it happened and I said I was watching football. Lol. They were not impressed with my logic. I didn’t know you couldn’t wait to long to get stitches. So was a good learning lesson.

I was sharpening a knife once while watching a game and did exactly that. I dropped it when I jumped up and my reaction was to catch it and sliced my thumb open good. I went to drs next day for stitches but they said it was to long and asked why I didn’t come in when it happened and I said I was watching football. Lol. They were not impressed with my logic. I didn’t know you couldn’t wait to long to get stitches. So was a good learning lesson.

I did the same thing and dropped a 124 and it STUCK in the floor right next to my foot (bare).

That sight scared the heck out of me.

I too, tried to catch it, but luckily I missed it (or it missed me).

Ah, this football. I should give it up.

:D

First impressions are excellent, and I like the sheath better than I thought.
Buck got it right and better than I've ever experienced with this style of keeper.
It's not a big deal to just flip the knife around either, so I'll have no problem carrying it till I make another sheath for it.

First impressions are excellent, and I like the sheath better than I thought.
Buck got it right and better than I've ever experienced with this style of keeper.
It's not a big deal to just flip the knife around either, so I'll have no problem carrying it till I make another sheath for it.
carrying and standing its not bad, but belt loop would be better than the cut through style. I wear a gun belt so its wide and thick and leaves no room to pivote while sitting. I'm pretty scrawny thin like, but bigger size folks find it pushes out while on their belt...been pics shown here.

looks good, enjoy it. great little fixed blade.

carrying and standing its not bad, but belt loop would be better than the cut through style. I wear a gun belt so its wide and thick and leaves no room to pivote while sitting. I'm pretty scrawny thin like, but bigger size folks find it pushes out while on their belt...been pics shown here.

looks good, enjoy it. great little fixed blade.
I'm pretty scrawny too at 120lb soaking wet , and I personally like a sheath that rides on the high side for easy access throughout daily utility.
I don't so much sitting down at work though, and being scrawny I don't have a gut for the knife to poke into.
This sheath rides lower than I usually prefer but I can live with it for now.

Back