What Budget (under $50) EDC Are You Carrying Today?

CQC-6k on top and CQC-4kXL. Super nice blades...but now I want everything waved. Picked up the 6k for $25 and the 4kXL for $41.
34zzl39.jpg

I've got a few Case, Opinel, Douk-Douk and Mora knives I carry from time to time, but the "budget" knives I use the most are definitely SAKs. I carry one everyday, usually one of the thinner models like a Compact or Pioneer (actually a beat up Wenger SI).

I actually got it at one of my local stores, it didn't have a box and paperwork, however they were able to find the extra screws for it. But hey, they offered me $10 off for the inconvenience so I took it and ran. It's a super sweet knife, deployment is smooth as butter, lockup is solid, no side to side and no lock rock, as a bonus my lockup is only at 20% straight out of the box. That 6k is a lot of knife for the price tag, even at full retail. That 4kXL, if you want a beast of a knife, it's the way to go. 6oz of steel and G10. Again, smooth, not at smooth as the 6k, but close. Solid lockup, no play in any direction, perfectly centered and about 30% lockup.

You're right those guys put out a heck of knife for the money, you get one and inspect it and you wounder how they make a profit! That 6k is on the short list for folders, it looks like a solid knife, love my little Cyro G10, but I'm hot for a neck knife at the moment!

The materials cost me approx $50.

I really like it, man. It's a wonderful looking knife. Great color on the steel and just has a very old school vibe with new school style lol.
If you're ever looking to part with it and I can actually afford please keep me in mind.
We'll done!

Newly acquired Boker Plus Tech Tool Outdoor 2 (long name, but seems like a nice little knife so far) is in my pocket now.

Kershaw volt 2 don't have a picture at the moment but it's very high quality for its price it even out performs some of my more expensive knives

Today I am carrying a Spyderco Ladybug 2 ($34) connected to a small LED light and a Kershaw Overdrive OD-2 ($23 eBay).

Also been carrying a CRKT Eros 2 steel ($40), SOG Flash 1 ($35), SOG Twitch 1 ($43), a Kershaw Chive ($40), or a Gerber FAST Mini ($20).

Back