What can i get for $355

Get the Arno Bernard Rinkhals. It checks off all the boxes for UK knife enthusiasts. A modern slipjoint under 3” with excellent walk and talk . Also has a unique and easy pull nail knick. It comes with a nice leather pocket sheath. I think they retail for around $435 US so you would have to pony up some money or try and find one on the secondary market. Great knife!

Would you be interested in a custom slip joint from France or a puukko from Finland. These are not to much of a leap as regards to import and you would have money left over.

Pierre Yves Joyeux from France

Just one style among other possibilities ~

Joyeux-on-bough.jpg

Henri Tikkanen puukko East Finland. Quite a few custom puukko options from your side of the pond. Several are Blade Forum makers.

Here is my Tikkanen ~

HT-Puukko.jpg

Good luck with your "project". This is a fun problem to have.:thumbsup:

Just remembered reading other posts above, you are up against some serious knife prejudice over there. I guess a puukko might not be an option. Oh well...

CHECK OUT THIS THREAD

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a custom slip joint from France or a puukko from Finland. These are not to much of a leap as regards to import and you would have money left over.

View attachment 1373306

Henri Tikkanen puukko East Finland. Quite a few custom puukko options from your side of the pond. Several are Blade Forum makers.

Here is my Tikkanen ~

View attachment 1373308

Just remembered reading other posts above, you are up against some serious knife prejudice over there. I guess a puukko might not be an option. Oh well...
I've always had a love hate thing with French knives. Some are stunning things, some are junk. I dont know enough about the brands to know what to look at. I really should dig deeper into them though as i love the sleek designs some of them have.

As for the Puuko. Oh yes i am in the market for one. Have been for a while. I want a birch bark handled one, but i cant decide whether to buy one 'off the shelf', or buy the materials and make my own.

"French knives. Some are stunning things, some are junk." EXACTLY - that is why I posted the link at the bottom of my post above. There is an ongoing discussion there about French folders by guys who know the subject better than most. I think I only clicked on the last page but read backwards from my link and you will see lots of photos and read great advice regards to makers and availability. Your budget is well within the possibilities of a very nice custom.

Both the guys I mentioned above have web sites. Henri T speaks English but Monsieur Joyeux does not. Google Translate can be your friend and emails will get you connected. Copy & paste for an easy translated text.

Also puukko makers here on BF, @jelio and @Todor Hristov can do you up really nicely! Both have regular sale posts here in the exchange.

View attachment 1373306

Here is my Tikkanen ~

View attachment 1373308

CHECK OUT THIS THREAD
Thank you. I'm going to write all the names down so i dont need to keep checking posts, then look them up on the web. I cant believe the only French knife i have is a Douk Douk......i need to remedy that soon.

Back