What Clears Your Mind???

Koexh1A.jpg

Our little rat Ruby passed yesterday so we buried her on the beach and had a nice little celebration of life bonfire . Rip 20191201_202551.jpg 20210410_194440.jpg 20210410_195157.jpg

For clarity, shooting (aka recoil therapy).

For an escape, the reloading room or gunsmith bench.

For peace if mind, in the car with no one but my girlfriend.

Hammock in the back yard is not too shabby when the weather is nice.

SeknQCD.jpg

10ZQwVw.jpg

Over rhe years I've had lots of hobbies and stuff that made me feel relaxed.

Snowboarding was always one. I've been snowboarding for 30 years. I have not been in a year or two...

Riding motorcycles. Growing up I had motorcycles, then had a dual sport for about 12 years as an adult.

Knife and axe throwing. Spent countless hours for decades doing that.

Ice skating and in line skating were another. I'd spend 8 hours at a time skating at the rink.

Canoeing has been another.

Gs8heAu.jpg

Older son when he was little, always loved a good canoe paddle.
DYidOpq.jpg

Or fishing

WWPKyfU.jpg

We used to love going to waterfalls when the boys were little.

FTfmcdJ.jpg

K8Mw3H0.jpg

Before I became disabled it was work. I would just get into a zone like Kwai Chang Caine and would work through breaks and lunch if nobody told me what time it was. One day I worked for two hours after everyone had gone home.
Now, a nap in my recliner will do.

Our little rat Ruby passed yesterday so we buried her on the beach and had a nice little celebration of life bonfire . Rip View attachment 1544006 View attachment 1544007 View attachment 1544008

So sorry for your loss, buddy. My daughter has two pet rattas and were dreading the day... One is named Elsa and the other is Marshmallow. If you donā€™t mind me asking, how old was Ruby?

To stay on topic, what clears my mind mainly is riding my motorcycle. I ride often enough that the cobwebs donā€™t have a chance to build up (all the time if it isnā€™t raining like hell, sometimes even if it is if I have to).

Ruby was only about 3 but shes been through alot. Going forward i would recommend getting any females spayed as it reduces certain health issues drastically down the road.. she lost her cage mate rosie (hairless) she was with since day 1 at the pet store about a year prior and after that went through a MAJOR surgery to remove 2 tumours and recovered really well and fast. Shortly after started developing signs of a ptuitary tumour and mamory tumours.. we hoped it was just an ear infection but unfortunatly wasnt the case and she slowly regressed untill she passed in my daughters arms on the way to the emergency clinic to have her put down. We acquired ALOT of knowledge dealing with these sickly little girls and have had one in the past also. Feel free to PM me anytime AntDog AntDog

You can see rubys scar in the one pic from shoulder around down across her belly to her tail.. they basically split her open to remove the first 2 tumours.. 20200927_120838.jpg

My #1 stress release is a good smoke and hitting the weights. Be it for power or aesthetics theres nothing like physically beating yourself up to lose agression/sadness etc and it releases endorphins . Like arnold says.. feels just like....

Back