What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

I have two but the code 4 I lost last year week at a truckstop in AZ and AK47 I can't carry due to no pocket clip and in NE it's illegal to carry without a pocket clip. Otherwise I will be patiently awaiting the arrival of the AD10.

Most likely my Recon1 but possibly production mini Pendleton Hunter. It's only 2:30am and I'm off today so most likely the fixed blade.

For my walks either the Holdout I or 6" Aluminum TiLite, out and about a XL Voyager. Tomorrow it will probably be different, I think its a San Mai Day.

View attachment 1055374 View attachment 1055375
I have never had one of the XL models, save for an original voyager. Between the tanto and the clip point, which would you recommend for short hikes and as a backup defensive weapon?

I have never had one of the XL models, save for an original voyager. Between the tanto and the clip point, which would you recommend for short hikes and as a backup defensive weapon?

I prefer the tanto(they can be harder to sharpen though), but both are good choices. I really like my old Japan XL Voyager too.

I've wanted one for awhile now. Couldnt you have suggested a less expensive knife? Ha.

Will it be able to whittle, and do other utilitarian tasks?

It'll certainly cut but as for whittling it probably won't do that well thanks to the fairly obtuse bevel. It's saber ground so relatively thick behind the edge.
But that's what a second knife is for!

Today as with most days Im carrying a CS Kobun. Nice combo of smaller size in a non-folder. I like it better than most of the pouch-carry folders I have. The sheath-clip makes it possible to carry clipped to the breast of my leather vest, and with the kydex I don't have to worry about the blade cutting thru leather and endangering my cardio-pulmonary organs if I take a hard fall. I hate the kydex sheaths but in this case I make an exception.
The other knife I always carry- even in sleepwear pockets- is a made in Golden Colo Spyderco Native in S30v. Takes and holds a good edge and serves in many capacities, even sometimes eating when called upon.

Back