What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

Today I'm flashin an SK-5 Laredo that has been in my possession for some years... tucked into my belt in it's leather/w/stud sheath. Somewhat different to the newer Laredo in that it is of SK-5 high carbon steel instead of the newer 0-1. Takes and holds a good edge.
Yesterday it was an 0-1 Natchez with it's cruddy plastic sheath. Can't tuck this in a belt. Intend to make a leather sheath for it.

Today I'm flashin an SK-5 Laredo that has been in my possession for some years... tucked into my belt in it's leather/w/stud sheath. Somewhat different to the newer Laredo in that it is of SK-5 high carbon steel instead of the newer 0-1. Takes and holds a good edge.
Yesterday it was an 0-1 Natchez with it's cruddy plastic sheath. Can't tuck this in a belt. Intend to make a leather sheath for it.

SK-5 is a great blade steel for the big Bowies, and IMHO has less issues with rust than O-1 or A-2. Stud style carry is easy, convient, and very concealable. Most of the time i will carry a SM III Laredo in one of my Southern Comforts (stud style sheath) if I'm wearing a belt, or a Tanto Lite IWB in one of my Drawpoint sheath if I'm wearing sweats or running shorts with no belt.

Today I carried the Recon1 spearpoint. Big and strong for such a lightweight package. Having a couple of Recon1 s and a couple of Ultimate Hunters has kept me from considering a 4 Max. Those two models are as strong as I need in a folder.

Today it's a Voyager XL clip point, AUS10. Got it almost a month ago as my first XL, and very glad I did.

Wasn't sure if it would be too big to carry, but it is no problemo.

Edit to add: I forgot I used to have one of the first gen XL tantos. It was nice enough, but had blade play when opened and was much harder to open.

Last edited:
At the moment, I have my AD-15 (with some smoothing under the pocket clip contact area and the tip raised slightly). I have an "in-processing procedure" for all my rough scaled folders. You would have to remove the pocket clip to see that anything was done to the scale.

All star
k4JWWLS.jpg

Cold Steel has always been a fav of mine since they are in my backyard. Was my first serious knife.
Today, carrying a 3" Mini Recon 1.

Carried the Mini Recon for a while and liked it, but never really liked the coated blade. Switched to the Grik when it came out and really like it, especially the full width clip.

Yeah, mine is the CTS-XHP version. Would really like to find the AUS-8 version for my collection. Still on the hunt :)

New Code 4 S35NV clip point (that looks drop pointish) with a Blacktical Tactical Handle that's probably going in to cover Recon 1 duty in the vest. Recon 1 moving to out door EDC carry or part of the EDC carry. Really who only carries one light knife when going in to the wilderhood?

Just picked up a new Blades Canada edition Recon 1 (satin S35VN) spear point and love it:
uEZAmSO.jpg

C6YPJoC.jpg

My first Cold Steel EDC. I only had a Chaos before today, which I love, but it's not too pocket friendly:
hAclxjw.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a new Blades Canada edition Recon 1 (satin S35VN) spear point and love it:
uEZAmSO.jpg

C6YPJoC.jpg

My first Cold Steel EDC. I only had a Chaos before today, which I love, but it's not too pocket friendly:
hAclxjw.jpg
Awesome recon 1! I just received my 2nd satin clip point from a member here, would love to snag up a spear point.

Back