What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

Very nice. When did you get them? From the secondary market?

Nah, found them at Blades Canada (warriors and wonders) shipping was about $20 to the states but they had both the recons i wanted in stock plus many other cold steel XHP knives if thats what you’re after.

Dko8n8u.jpg

What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?
At the last minute before leaving the house I realized I had left my EDC in the knife pouch on my tool belt at work (normally I transfer it to my regular pants pocket or belt pouch when changing out of my work pants at work).

For the commute to work I grabbed one of my Luckys. This isn't a Lucky One but one of the older regular luckys that I removed the second blade from. Right now the one with the clip has the plain edge blade not the serrated. That's the one I grabbed.

I clipped it in my shirt pocket and off I went.

IMG_3490.jpg

Carried the satin bladed Recon 1 clip point.
The more I carry this knife, the more I think that if I had to choose one folder to use from now on, it might be this one.

The more I carry this knife, the more I think that if I had to choose one folder to use from now on, it might be this one.
Same here, it’s a great folder!

Jealous of the satin blade folks. We don't even get the exclusive stuff, not fair! :p
I bought doubles of every single satin variant of the Recon 1, if you guys want to make a ton of $ just bring out a factory stonewash version of the lawman, AK and Recon series. Seriously how can you guys not see this? people have literally been begging for it forever. Talk to your marketing team. Don't be like Benchmade and release things people are NOT asking for. I would literally buy 2 of every satin stonewash version you guys bring out, and i'm sure i am not alone. And if you want to make even more money, bring out a 3 inch and 4 inch version of the Frenzy, people would buy those like hotcakes.

I bought doubles of every single satin variant of the Recon 1, if you guys want to make a ton of $ just bring out a factory stonewash version of the lawman, AK and Recon series. Seriously how can you guys not see this? people have literally been begging for it forever. Talk to your marketing team. Don't be like Benchmade and release things people are NOT asking for. I would literally buy 2 of every satin stonewash version you guys bring out, and i'm sure i am not alone. And if you want to make even more money, bring out a 3 inch and 4 inch version of the Frenzy, people would buy those like hotcakes.

I absolutely agree with this. Unless the company feels that the black blade is essential to the knife s identity, why not make an uncoated blade available in the Lawman? And the Recon 1 once the exclusive agreement expires? These would put those two models in competition with some of the most popular models on the market. And the uncoated CS models would do quite well in that competition. But increased pressure comes with being the market leader.

Easy for me to speculate. All I know is that I would personally support these changes with my purchases. The underlying knife, regardless of the cosmetics, is a very fine tool.

I honestly think that if the lawman is made in satin/stonewash finish it will be as popular as the paramilitary 2. I personally love the DLC coating but I’m pretty sure many people will take satin over coated.

I honestly think that if the lawman is made in satin/stonewash finish it will be as popular as the paramilitary 2. I personally love the DLC coating but I’m pretty sure many people will take satin over coated.

Amen, knife brother! :D
I understand that using DLC on CTS-XHP was a great move since the steel is not that good at corrosion resistance, BUT after switching to S35VN (very resistant to corrosion) making a satin blades was sorta obvious. ESPECIALLY for American Lawman. People begged for this move for like...at least copule years. I am one of them, btw. I will get one soon, since I'm afraid that its not gonna happen and eventually I will have to look for a discontinued model on ebay.

This situation is a lil bit weird since after trying usual black teflon coating users wanted something stronger and now after getting DLC on their blades some of them begg for a satin finish or a stonewash :D The truth is - DLC is great, really GREAT, but some regular models in uncoated versions will bring CS even more money. Just start offer some choices. Thats all, folks ;)

When I got my first American Lawman after first handling one in my local knife store, I liked it so much that it changed my feelings about black coated blades. Before that purchase, a black coated blade was pretty much a deal breaker for me. Now, after my experience with the AL and Recon 1, I like them all right.
And , as I ve said before in these forums, I think I might agree with an article I read a number of years ago that said that a shiny bladed knife is more intimidating than a dark bladed knife. I believe my black bladed 4 inch folders are less alarming to some onlookers than my satin finished 4 inch blade, when I open them. The black blades look more like tools, and don t seem to be as noticeable to non knife people as the shiny blades.
Definitely not a scientific observation.

I have one coming in the mail next Wednesday. Can’t wait.

Back