What could this knife be?

Does anyone have any idea about this kind of knife? The owner says it is made in Argentina and should be of good quality. It is quite large, overall 35 centimetres. I have no other information. I bought it with a good price and should have in my hands in a few days. I can download better pictures then. Meanwhile has anyone seen something like this?

20180519_231309_zps4lo6xsug.jpg

It looks gaucho knife/Bowie inspired, I don’t think I’ve seen one quite of this design but it certainly looks like a practical blade shape.
The owner called it "Gaucho knife" and hand made. We'll see if this was a ripp off. To me it looks like some German hunting knives. It should have a stag handle.

The owner called it "Gaucho knife" and hand made. We'll see if this was a ripp off. To me it looks like some German hunting knives. It should have a stag handle.

Alot of the “gaucho knives” were made by German companies.

Tried to zoom in on that stamp on the sheath, looked a bit like Puma?

I have a Böker Argentina made Stag handled knife, maybe something similar?

The owner said he had paid a considerable sum of money to the first owner. I actually thought about Puma when I saw this.

The knife is a bit too narrow near the hilt to be a true facon de gaucho, also the sheath is more in the European than Argentinian style. Generally the use of unplated brass on such knives is uncommon.

Back