Which CPK are you carrying today?

VashHash

Gold Member
Here it is. The "what cpk are you carrying today" thread. I'll go first.
FK2
gn9P34H.jpg

this doesn't imprint at all on my dress pants( am a city boy) , and since I am too lazy to get up and get a current photo:View attachment 1528004
that's an @azwelke sheath. now the question is, do I mangle a DEK1 or not...

I really like this and may do it myself. I like Integrals because they ride a bit thinner, maybe even a bit of flat cord wrap.. hmm

cpirtle cpirtle , I thought about the cord wrap, then figured its gonna accumulate some grime if I dont epoxy it. if I ever get industrious, will try to contour the thin vz grips.
I wonder if a leather wrap would work?:D

Both get grime :) I always left them un-treated and changed them out when they looked bad or had worked with raw meat. Paracord is cheap and I look at it as another layer of the hobby plus you can change it up a bit.

Leather works great, just be careful how it's tanned. Chrome tanned, brain tanned and Latigo to name a few are very bad in direct contact with metal. Those methods are common in the thin types of leather one might think is a good fit for a handle wrap too..

OK, I'll take the bait and jump in because that's just what I do! Since I tend to write too much and ramble on and on most times, I'll spare the ADHD types by this TL; DR summary: I don't carry, I collect and darn it, I do collect all of them, well almost all ;)

My interest with CPK started out purely on a simple practical premise, i.e, to use and to utilize. First it started out with a Light Chopper because I got a whiff of Nathan's work on another now-disbanded subforum and then happened to find a Lorien video on the LC on YouTube (back then I had no idea that it was Lorien; some dude doing nifty stuff with a 10" blade somewhere very naturesque, woodsy and rainy!). When I received my LC and then followed by chasing and scoring, receiving my OGFK, it was an oh-my-fooquing-gawd moment for me. Nathan is not gonna like this statement, but I decided that these were too friggin nice for me just to beat on them willy nilly in my backyard in the urban San Diego! I think that I fell down that collector rabbit hole circa mid 2016 and haven't been able to climb out; every time when my CPKs total north of say 30 units, I scale back a bit but it's all futile because I just end up with more somehow so I've given up denying that I do indeed have a problem.

I carry folders where I live but I don't particularly like folders because I am lazy and useless when it comes to servicing them regularly while having a good amount of OCD which bugs the shyte outta me when my folders become lethargic and gritty in their action due to collecting lint, grime and dirt. Therefore I prefer a fixed blade but I live in an open carry state when it comes to fixed blades so carrying a folder is just a matter of practicality. I would love to score a Mark Folder at some point but if and when, that will not see a lot of pocket time; it will be added onto my collection. Now having said all that, I am really looking forward to a CPK folder, well, at least a couple to start out with :) I think that Nathan has already said that he has chuckleheads like me in mind (he did cite his neighbor as target audience who is not really a sophisticated type of knife person) so I am hoping that the first CPK folder will consider the inept like me!

If I was living in an alternate universe with practicality in use and utility in mind, I'd be only carrying and using a handful of CPKs: an EDC (I'm an originalist and partial toward the first iterations) an FK (probably the OG) and then the mighty HDFK; that's all! Nathan makes superb choppers but I am really very unqualified in using big choppers and would need a lot of training and schooling in the proper form of use. Nathan's choppers are excellent for those like Lorien, Andy, Bennieboo, NinJo, Nathan and some other pros who know what the frag they're doing. A chopper in my hands is like tossing the car keys to a chimp although this chimp does have quite a few of those keys in its possession :D From a stabby and defensive aspect, I would carry the Boot Dagger but that one is way too precious and prized for daily carry, the CA state laws notwithstanding. I would also carry the DEK1, the UF and the Shiv if I could while Baldric carrying a K18 during the next zombie apocalypse.

I think that's pretty much it and nope, no pics today for you bucket-heads :p

OK, I'll take the bait and jump in because that's just what I do! Since I tend to write too much and ramble on and on most times, I'll spare the ADHD types by this TL; DR summary: I don't carry, I collect and darn it, I do collect all of them, well almost all ;)

My interest with CPK started out purely on a simple practical premise, i.e, to use and to utilize. First it started out with a Light Chopper because I got a whiff of Nathan's work on another now-disbanded subforum and then happened to find a Lorien video on the LC on YouTube (back then I had no idea that it was Lorien; some dude doing nifty stuff with a 10" blade somewhere very naturesque, woodsy and rainy!). When I received my LC and then followed by chasing and scoring, receiving my OGFK, it was an oh-my-fooquing-gawd moment for me. Nathan is not gonna like this statement, but I decided that these were too friggin nice for me just to beat on them willy nilly in my backyard in the urban San Diego! I think that I fell down that collector rabbit hole circa mid 2016 and haven't been able to climb out; every time when my CPKs total north of say 30 units, I scale back a bit but it's all futile because I just end up with more somehow so I've given up denying that I do indeed have a problem.

I carry folders where I live but I don't particularly like folders because I am lazy and useless when it comes to servicing them regularly while having a good amount of OCD which bugs the shyte outta me when my folders become lethargic and gritty in their action due to collecting lint, grime and dirt. Therefore I prefer a fixed blade but I live in an open carry state when it comes to fixed blades so carrying a folder is just a matter of practicality. I would love to score a Mark Folder at some point but if and when, that will not see a lot of pocket time; it will be added onto my collection. Now having said all that, I am really looking forward to a CPK folder, well, at least a couple to start out with :) I think that Nathan has already said that he has chuckleheads like me in mind (he did cite his neighbor as target audience who is not really a sophisticated type of knife person) so I am hoping that the first CPK folder will consider the inept like me!

If I was living in an alternate universe with practicality in use and utility in mind, I'd be only carrying and using a handful of CPKs: an EDC (I'm an originalist and partial toward the first iterations) an FK (probably the OG) and then the mighty HDFK; that's all! Nathan makes superb choppers but I am really very unqualified in using big choppers and would need a lot of training and schooling in the proper form of use. Nathan's choppers are excellent for those like Lorien, Andy, Bennieboo, NinJo, Nathan and some other pros who know what the frag they're doing. A chopper in my hands is like tossing the car keys to a chimp although this chimp does have quite a few of those keys in its possession :D From a stabby and defensive aspect, I would carry the Boot Dagger but that one is way too precious and prized for daily carry, the CA state laws notwithstanding. I would also carry the DEK1, the UF and the Shiv if I could while Baldric carrying a K18 during the next zombie apocalypse.

TLDR

Yooz gettin’ all linguistical and stuff.
View attachment 1528375

Back