Photos What custom is in your pocket today?

Today is this trapper from M.S. Jon Christensen, mosaic damascus and bog oak

bfjc3-jpg.725408

Attachments

• BFJC3.jpg
    BFJC3.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 845
At this minute - my Jeff Baker little folder -

This one has stabilized Bocote, hardened stainless bolsters, titanium liners and a CPM-S30V blade @62RC. No thumb studs. It deploys from the front, but is not designed to be a flipper. Blade length is 2.5".

I call it Bocote Bart - as Jeff's inspiration for this knife came from the movie THE EDGE, as he explains here - "What a difference a little profiling makes. Much leaner, but you can still really see the .125" spacer and .070" titanium bolsters. Beefy yet elegant. At least that's the plan. Not sure if you are into back stories or thought processes behind things, but this design got its inspiration from a movie. The movie "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins had a knife in it that he had to rely on to survive the Alaskan wilderness. The knife in it was bigger than this and not even close to the same design, but it still planted a bug in my head. I thought it would be really cool to have a small pocket knife that you could count on when the shtf that would be stronger than a lot of knives twice its size. That is why it's so beefy, has the biggest bronze bushings I could find, and has the internals designed around the bushings."

This is an excellent stout little knife. I use it every day - though I always EDC a bigger knife too :cool:

Ray

Last edited:
I 'EDC'd' this knife for three years, then I picked up a few other custom slip joints that were deserving to be carried so it sat for a while.

Then I fell back in love with a simple SAK for its pure utilitarianism.

But I picked up this knife a few days ago and remembered why I carried it so fondly for so long, so back in my pocket it goes.

This thread's been stickied in memorial to Suzanne Vaugh, aka TKC, who recently passed away. She was a longtime contributor to Bladeforums and was known as a fair minded, enthusiastic supporter of the custom knife universe. Many of us will remember her for her mild demeanor and singular focus, in the forums, of knives alone.

Rest in peace, TKC

-C&H moderator

RluwgCM

Top Left, Custom Loveless style Drop Point Hunter made by Thai Knife Maker Wut Ekarach. Love seeing the Loveless in the thread above.

Back