What did Santa bring you?

ZT 0804cf. I actually to buy this knife at my local dealer. They had it for a CRAZY markdown because it is discontinued and was a display model so it had some minor scratches on the blade. The same day I went to buy it they sold it. I was very disappointed and ended up buying a 0220 that was also market down a crazy amount.
Come Christmas, I opened up my last gift from my parents and saw a ZT box and instantly knew what had happened. I told my mom a couple days before that was going to buy it when I got the chance if they still had it, come that next Tuesday we headed up there and apparently snuck in before me to get it! Talk about a great mom!
20171226_185928_zpsutfnv9n4.jpg
20171226_190035_zpsfclgczso.jpg
20171226_190008_zpsvoh2car1.jpg
What an awesome suprise! Such a shame that it is discontinued; what a good looking knife. :p

I got three knives for me. Two bucks ( a package deal for a 120 and 110). And a spyderco.

Both my boys got the Buck 110/120 set as well.

IKexvLg.jpg

cJBWB6u.jpg

R9I6Jvd.jpg

Got some other fun gear. Steel core gun belt. Bigfoot Gun Belts. Solo campfire stove. Duluth firehose pants. Some other fun stuff.

Last edited:
^^^So, in other words, you had a lousy Christmas and passed it on to your boys. :eek: Bummer. ;)

Last edited:
My wife would hammer a 6 p nail through her toe before buying me a knife.......

Gee.. That's too bad.. My wife is an enabler.. She has bought me many knives thru the yrs.. 3 old traditionals this past Christmas she thought I could clean up etc.. Never an issue when I purchase knives either.. John

I received 3 knives this Christmas I was given a Buck 55, 5.11 Tarani Tactical Karambit, and a Spyderco Lil LionSpy all great so far with the Spyderco being my favorite at this point. I might try and post a personal review of these but so far some quick bits I can say. The Lil Lionspy is really a fun and very usable knife obviously the thick blade has its drawbacks but still well built quality knife. The 55 is one I wasn't sure on but now that I have it in hand I love it if I had one complaint it is that the blade is about 1/4" or so shorter than I would prefer but such a quality piece that looks good and drops nicely into the pocket. The 5.11 Karambit is good I have never cared for the wave opener but this blade and general design of the karambit I can begin to see where it would be nice here.

Knife related... I received a Case sodbuster Jr with an orange handle and case side draw belt sheath. I also received a CRKT Woods Chogan Tomahawk with belt sheath... all thanks to the best girlfriend in the whole world... I also got a bunch of other stuff to support my other two habits, Jeeps and drinkn' beer...

I didn't get any knives :(. My family doesn't care for my hobby so they wouldn't know what to give me anyways. I didn't do too badly though. I got 3 videogames and a bunch of clothes.

My Son gifted me this razor and I had to laugh when he said be careful using it. I had to explain to him, back in the day these were the only kind of razors we used. :)

He doesn't need a new KNIFE, he needs a new WI, ...maybe too personal. :rolleyes: I do believe she must have SOME redeeming qualities. :confused: Otherwise, condolences. :(

What an awesome suprise! Such a shame that it is discontinued; what a good looking knife. :p
It is incredible! It it sad, I hope they bring it back with g10 and a satin blade. I like to use my knives, but its going to be hard to use to its full potential given it will cost $250 to replace and zt wont fix it now.

Surprisingly December is not a huge sales month for us, this one was better than expected. Most guys don't like to ask their significant others for knives or guns as gifts because they do not want them to know how much they cost.

I am one of the fortunate ones. My wife got me a new Full Ti DLC Coated Hinderer Half Track for Christmas. Of course I gave her three options and she wisely chose the Half Track as she knows how much I like them!

Not a new knife, but my great wife and daughter gave me a nice Craftsman tool chest with six drawers and the bottom section that I can use to place my knives. Line them with some rubbery shelf liners and I am set to have fun to rotate my collection. The idea had originally been given to me by my Dad.

Not a new knife, but my great wife and daughter gave me a nice Craftsman tool chest with six drawers and the bottom section that I can use to place my knives. Line them with some rubbery shelf liners and I am set to have fun to rotate my collection. The idea had originally been given to me by my Dad.
What a great gift! As we speak, I'm adding that to my Christmas list for next year...

Back