What did you do to/with your Becker today?

On my other regular forum we have a what did you to to your jeep today thread that stays pretty active, so thought I'd give it a try here!

I'll start with-

Picked up a coughlans ferro rod to accompany her on the the belt,

Practiced using said steel with the BK2

Batoned a fair amount of wood to get a fire burning...

And then set it ablaze...
87fd2a4b15132e054bee3ec701734bd2_zpse7c5aeb1.jpg

welllllllllllll I cut my self, tried to make some scales :barf: did not work, made 15+ feather sticks, oh with a 16

Oiled the King, traced an outline of the 16 for a leather sheath and put the 4 in the hunting pack for the weekend.

The King just rode with me today. But it's getting angry, very angry. It wants to be used, it wants to chop. It wants me to go out and find a tree and cut it down with just it. It doesn't want to face the winter without the chance to be put to some actual use again.

But there are no properly sized trees to cut.

Oiled the King, traced an outline of the 16 for a leather sheath and put the 4 in the hunting pack for the weekend.

Started thinking of leather sheath options for mine today too... Trying to decide on a basic fold over style or something more complicated.

Cut a block of cheese in the truck for lunch and opened two of those damn X,ZF€@?!!! Freaking plastic hanging packages that are essentially made from scrotium unobtanium transparencia.......used my edc 11...

Ethan

Made a feather stick with my 10.

Cut a sh*t ton of rope for a wood bundles with my 11, oh and cleaned off huge patches of rust off my 9 (the rainy season just started, been a while since i had to grease up my knives daily) there actually was an unfortunate bit of pitting as well.

Stropped the 12, 14, & 16
Opened the mail, sliced some flyers with the 12.
Cut open baggies of cabinet hinges and pull handles with the 14.
Packed the 12 in a daypack, set the 9 alongside. I might be camping with scouts this weekend.

Lets see... Installed stainless hardware on the handles of my 24 and use the 2 to cut up some kindling for the evening fire... From now until about May the 2 spends 95% of its time on the hearth next to the fire place, its my favorite kindling tool...

Tried to figure out an incognito way to carry the BK2 in to the company office... On the site no one bats an eye, but the office mice get nervous.

Decided to stick it in water bottle pocket in my saddleback briefcase and lash the sheath to one of the d-rings.

put a new lanyard bead on the 14, and touched him up with some ceramic, then did a bit o wittlin', lol.

Just put the third lanyard on the BK9. It's gotten mad at not being used in so long and cut the last two and rendered them useless.

Started thinking of leather sheath options for mine today too... Trying to decide on a basic fold over style or something more complicated.

I find the foldovers are tougher to do and get the retention right. A pancake type can easily have a retaning strap.

today I tried out some MicroMesh belts out on my 24 and put a toothy (600 grit) convex edge on her.

Last edited:
Cut some meat and veggies with my Becker kitchen knives, as I do everyday. I <3 the kitchen blades so much!

Back