What did you do to/with your Becker today?

Thanks again Warrior! She has been de-virginized! Excellent chopper and more neutral handle position when batoning.

IMG_3915_zpsrlwfxnqs.jpg

I used my bk5 to make this today. It's mostly done. Needs some polishing on the edges and my finishing touches.

That's a beauty!
You do make a damn fine sheath sir!
I've been more than happy with every sheath I've ever gotten from you.
Not only do they look good, but the quality is top notch and they're definitely "lifetime" built.

Man, that is some excellent work!

Thanks bud! It's taken years of practice.

That's a beauty!
You do make a damn fine sheath sir!
I've been more than happy with every sheath I've ever gotten from you.
Not only do they look good, but the quality is top notch and they're definitely "lifetime" built.

Jonny you're making me blush. I appreciate that man! I try my best to put out the best quality product I can.

Thanks again Warrior! She has been de-virginized! Excellent chopper and more neutral handle position when batoning.

IMG_3915_zpsrlwfxnqs.jpg

No problem man, enjoy.

Took my reprofiled BK16 (now a clip point) to War Eagle Trail. Harvested some river cane for arrows for my orange Osage bow.

Finished the scales and patina.

BK17; Shadetree Ruby Burlap with white G10 liners. Partially stripped. Lots of mustard:

Gonna keep this one in the kitchen so the F-i-L will stop opening packages with a paring knife and sticking it back in the block.
Love getting packing-tape adhesive on my apple...

Nice looking job on those scales, TJ....I'm thinking about doing my 17 in blackout....it's got KB stock Micarta, so a little dye job and I'd be done! As for other family members using "my" knives, I've given up....no one dries them after washing, or uses the appropriate blade for the task (i.e., using a very thin edged Nakiri vegetable knife to cut chicken - off the bone!), or anything else I would consider abuse/willful ignorance....I just shake my head and keep them sharp. The only other solution would be to put them under lock & key and make people sign them out.....which would surely get me labelled as a total knifenutbag.

Nice looking job on those scales, TJ....I'm thinking about doing my 17 in blackout....it's got KB stock Micarta, so a little dye job and I'd be done! As for other family members using "my" knives, I've given up....no one dries them after washing, or uses the appropriate blade for the task (i.e., using a very thin edged Nakiri vegetable knife to cut chicken - off the bone!), or anything else I would consider abuse/willful ignorance....I just shake my head and keep them sharp. The only other solution would be to put them under lock & key and make people sign them out.....which would surely get me labelled as a total knifenutbag.

Thanks Mike!
That must be why I haven't picked up a Nakiri yet...
Using RIT or leather dye?

Thanks Mike!
That must be why I haven't picked up a Nakiri yet...
Using RIT or leather dye?
Don't know - - but I'm totally open to suggestions, as it's only in the "idea" stage....(I haven't done any research yet). I'd take a less black and more colorfast dye over a deeper black that bleeds. What say ye, maker-'heads? What's a good, colorfast, black dye for stock KB Micarta?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have used RIT on G10 and Micarta to good affect.

The G10 will wear on the corners and edges, but not bleed and won't stain clothing since the shed is so minimal.

The Micarta took a 10-15 min dip in Cherry red and it turned out an odd shade of maroon, bordering on a brown/purple mix (like I said, odd). After the soak (suspended/simmering) while wearing gloves, I ran them under water to get the majority of the excess dye off. After that I used some dish detergent and a toothbrush and scrubbed it "clean" twice (or until no more bleeding occurs) and then they were pretty much stable and only shedded some coloration when I sanded them to fit a different Beckers tang.

Near permanent fix for my needs, changes between my 4 and 2 for yard work and preferences. No noticed wear or bleeding of color while chopping and with wet/sweaty hands.

My 3 year old daughter and I took a hike in our forest today. The temp rose above 40 degrees which made for a great day out in the fields and dry creek bed. I took the 14 with me of course. We got to see a tree that the woodpeckers have chewed up and destroyed. All in all a great day to be outside in the Kentucky wild.

4671d879110172bc7a04c3c93e126f0e.jpg

0b489276ac580c0790c4bc72ca366e7c.jpg
af025b3a2d28cacca45e215e8a5d762d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day hike of 2017! The weather was perfect here in Northwest FL. Used my trusty BK9 for fire prep. The pup and I had instant mashed potatoes.
b5e4c1a37493e79aeba9aa47aae6d659.jpg

dc6ff3b755d97d2509cabbcb87942338.jpg

bc95c1f8ebc809c961e90ec83659681a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I took my BK14, daughter, and pup on a walk.
7042170c44289f5b41c58a050304b7a6.jpg

Got up early this morning to cook breakfast in the woods. Steak and eggs!
e8829ec2da4d623599883e69d5a891f5.jpg
My 9 did the wood processing while my 14 sliced the meat.

Back