What did you rehang today?

uRDfaPA.jpg

MbclEQS.jpg

PTiQ96C.jpg

5lKs4NN.jpg

Charleston Kelly broadhatchet, FSS Plumb California and a like new Stanley framing hatchet.
Seriously, the thing still has the factory grind on both the hammer face and blade, it's nearly NOS

Solid hangs. The double looks great. The hatchets could use a little more work on the shoulders. Sometimes after I hang an axe I'll bring the shoulders up to the axe with a 4-in-hand rasp. It gives you a better grip when you choke up on the handle.

Also, your filing looks pretty good but you should follow up with stones to refine the edge and smooth out the file marks.

I don't mean to nit-pick, just trying to be constructive.

Finally got this Plumb Rockaway pattern hung that was given to me by Scott in the Found dead axes thread. It's a 4 lbs head sitting on a link 36" baseball bat (insanely thick club it was, see one of the resulting piles of shavings below) that was trimmed and slimed and now sits at about 33.5" tip to very tip. This was my first hang for an axe with lugs. I'm satisfied with how it came out. Time to put it back to work.

Plumb Rockaway by MJGEGB, on Flickr

Plumb Rockaway Bit Down by MJGEGB, on Flickr

Plumb Rockaway Chop by MJGEGB, on Flickr

Handle shaping by MJGEGB, on Flickr

leaves already? irma screwed that up, blew in a warm front,leaves aint down yet, its 75 degrees, woke up the dang mosquitoes too.

collins is lookin right purdy though

leaves already? irma screwed that up, blew in a warm front,leaves aint down yet, its 75 degrees, woke up the dang mosquitoes too.

collins is lookin right purdy though

Ya, my oaks and maples will be naked before Halloween this year...

Thanks, the Collins Hatchet is really sweet. It was loose at best when I picked it up last week. Thankfully I was able to remove the wedge and two finish nails pounded in with the wedge to rehang and keep the handle.
I absolutely prefer the slim handles of yesterday.

rbgiFJl.jpg

i know how you feel about old handles, i'v got a few oldies and i love'm. one thing i regret most is cutting the handle off a KP.... it was eaten halfway through though so i dont know how to feel.

i'v got a legitimus you guys'll be seein in a few days, just waitin on a few things and a wedge kit. it turned out fantasamalistic

Acorns and leaves are falling heavy this year.

BDDulqn.jpg
That Collins is very nice as is the cultivator.
The weather has taken a huge drop here from the 90's to snow in some places all in the same week. And rain in the lower elevations. So glad to see the air clear and the fires on their way out.

That Collins is very nice as is the cultivator.
The weather has taken a huge drop here from the 90's to snow in some places all in the same week. And rain in the lower elevations. So glad to see the air clear and the fires on their way out.

Thank you Garry3
I am particularly happy to have saved the cultivator and am looking forward to carving out a vegg garden late winter, early spring 2018.
Good to hear the fires on the decline and the air clearing.

We don't have snow yet, but having a fire is just around the corner

I am particularly happy to have saved the cultivator and am looking forward to carving out a vegg garden late winter, early spring 2018.

I have a cultivator like that. They are just wicked looking. If you have clay soil those are great for breaking up the surface between rows to aerate and let the water soak in better.

Hoe handle from House will likely fit it.

Back