What did you rehang today?

my first GBA
Further affirmation of Steve-Tall's few-years-ago postulation about 'quarters of pounds ' being used to denote north American head weights. We've all seen 3 + (elevated or smaller '2') before but it signifies 3 2/4 rather than seemingly obvious 3 1/2. This one is the first secondary digit '3' (which hopefully weighs-in at about 'three-quarters' of a pound over and above the primary digit 3 (lb)) that I've ever seen.

I just found a db ax that has a 3 1/2 marked on one side and no other markings. Does this mean it is probably not an American made ax?

Further affirmation of Steve-Tall's few-years-ago postulation about 'quarters of pounds ' being used to denote north American head weights. We've all seen 3 + (elevated or smaller '2') before but it signifies 3 2/4 rather than seemingly obvious 3 1/2. This one is the first secondary digit '3' (which hopefully weighs-in at about 'three-quarters' of a pound over and above the primary digit 3 (lb)) that I've ever seen.

I've seen it a lot on older pukaskis. They are 3 3/4 lb or very close.

the store didnt have any 28"s so i found the chunkiest 36" possible, before
0EriADy.jpg

After
teoc6lv.jpg

You still got a swell out of it.
that was the plan! you guys should have seen how monstrously thick this thing was, the pitcures dont do it any justice. the area near the shoulder, i have literally made it a half inch thinner in both dimensions at least. i only broke out the angle grinder when i got near the end, i mistake on my part. it was a massive time saver. i went a little deep with the area leading upto the palmswell but it's not uncofortable, just a little thin

that was the plan! you guys should have seen how monstrously thick this thing was, the pitcures dont do it any justice. the area near the shoulder, i have literally made it a half inch thinner in both dimensions at least. i only broke out the angle grinder when i got near the end, i mistake on my part. it was a massive time saver. i went a little deep with the area leading upto the palmswell but it's not uncofortable, just a little thin

Watch out with angle grinders around wood, at least cutting directly into a piece with a disc can be very dangerous.

This little guy has taken me quite a while of a few minutes here and a few minutes there.
I thinned and lightly accentuated the swell, Link handle

20180504_092353.jpg

20180504_092404.jpg

20180504_092345.jpg

Just going to squeeze this in between hatchets...

I am hoping someone with experience could lend an opinion regarding a preference of aluminum and cast Dutch. I have used a small pack Dutch in the past of a light steel pan with aluminum lid, this would be an incredible step up.

I have a possible option to grab one.
Wagner Ware 9 aluminum

20180503_195925.jpg

Wagner Ware Cast - slightly smaller than #9 -

20180504_184457.jpg

Cast_cookware.jpg

I like both, feel I prefer the cast but wanted to hear from those that have used one or both type Dutch ovens.

I also hope to grab these...just timing is everything and the weekend is family time:cool: (who am I kidding...its all family time);)

20180427_164108.jpg

20180430_092646.jpg

20180427_162808.jpg

:cool: Thanks for any input
Coffee!!o_O

Last edited:
This little guy has taken me quite a while of a few minutes here and a few minutes there.
I thinned and lightly accentuated the swell, Link handle

20180504_092353.jpg

20180504_092404.jpg

20180504_092345.jpg

Just going to squeeze this in between hatchets...

I am hoping someone with experience could lend an opinion regarding a preference of aluminum and cast Dutch. I have used a small pack Dutch in the past of a light steel pan with aluminum lid, this would be an incredible step up.

I have a possible option to grab one.
Wagner Ware 9 aluminum

20180503_195925.jpg

Wagner Ware Cast - slightly smaller than #9 -

20180504_184457.jpg

Cast_cookware.jpg

I like both, feel I prefer the cast but wanted to hear from those that have used one or both type Dutch ovens.

I also hope to grab these...just timing is everything and the weekend is family time:cool: (who am I kidding...its all family time);)

20180427_164108.jpg

20180430_092646.jpg

20180427_162808.jpg

:cool: Thanks for any input
Coffee!!o_O
I would stick with cast iron .... maybe wait for a deal on bigger size. Aluminum can leach to your food.

Back