What did you rehang today?

2w5iw4n.jpg
[/IMG]
2w5iw4n.jpg

My first try at a handle. Made out of a larger scrap handle. It’s not perfect but I’m really pleased with it.

Great hang Nbrackett! Nice and tight all the way round! That'll last you a good long while. Nothing better than giving a tool new life. It's almost altruistic in a way. Something useful and something to be proud of.

Great hang Nbrackett! Nice and tight all the way round! That'll last you a good long while. Nothing better than giving a tool new life. It's almost altruistic in a way. Something useful and something to be proud of.
Thanks! I’m really enjoying giving these tools new life. I’ve also enjoyed gifting a few of them to others that will hopefully use them for years to come.

What a beautiful tool! You did a great job. I hope that, when I get around to rehanging my True Temper Jersey, it turns out at least half that nice!

It looks fantastic and should be an excellent user. You may not have needed the metal wedges. Most of us get by without them and the splits they make.

It looks fantastic and should be an excellent user. You may not have needed the metal wedges. Most of us get by without them and the splits they make.
Thank you! Yeah, I really debated on the metal wedges. It mushroomed out well with just the wooden wedge, but I couldn’t stop myself. It was my first time hanging an axe and I thought ohh what the heck it’s my axe and I’m going to make her look perty lol

I've had this little Wards Master Quality collared hatchet head laying around for years. I tested the steel several times, and it's HARD. When I sharpened it today most all of my files would do more skating than cutting.

That looks amazing, perfectly shaped so that it could pass for the original handle. Awesome job. That's one you can never let go.

The Kelly in the first pic is great too.

Back