What did you use your Gossman for lately?

He has a “KUBO” of his own that is a 1 of a kind.
I have the Big Boar Tusker, a BOLO, and a Tusker Lite, all 3 are S7 steel.
93C328DE-883D-4B99-B194-A9CC2262BE88.jpg
I believe my BBT “for now” is also a 1 of a kind, not positive tho.
His KUBO is an inch longer, he was on “Knife or Death show”, took that 1 with him.

View attachment 1307592
His KUBO is an inch longer, he was on “Knife or Death show”, took that 1 with him.
Man, I have a bolo in A2, that I thought was pretty big, seeing your tuskers puts it in perspective

View attachment 1307592
Mike, I'd be proud to own ANY of those knives. My current chopper is an InfiWeiler. While it's nice, it prolly doesn't hold a candle to those babies.

That is really nice, Mike! I wish I had more pictures... I have a BBT 2.0 in S7 that is a monster. That thing can fell a good size tree if you put your mind to it. Kubo is great. The Bolo is also great. How do you like the BBT Lite?

Timbo, the Infiweiler seems like an excellent blade. I never loved the ergos on the thicker offerings, but the thinner Infi version seems like it would be as nice as almost anything in its size.

That is really nice, Mike! I wish I had more pictures... I have a BBT 2.0 in S7 that is a monster. That thing can fell a good size tree if you put your mind to it. Kubo is great. The Bolo is also great. How do you like the BBT Lite?

Timbo, the Infiweiler seems like an excellent blade. I never loved the ergos on the thicker offerings, but the thinner Infi version seems like it would be as nice as almost anything in its size.

Hi Sir and thank you for your kind input!
I love my big Gossman blades and yes the S7 reminds me of my INFI blades in both use and in ease of resharpening.
Both the INFI and S7 can really take the punishment and come right back to razor sharpness with very little effort.
"Shock resistance" seems to be a quality that both materials share. I love the BBT Lite and even though it is of much thinner stock than my other 2, so far it has not shown any weaknesses in being thinner and often it will be the one I grab when working in my wood yard and or out in the garden and on our property chopping limbs and clearing brush away. The BBT Lite reminds me of a short machete but is much much more durable and way more comfortable as well.
Thumbs up!
EB5132ED-9609-4376-A089-83F268F85B4A.jpeg

Hi Sir and thank you for your kind input!
I love my big Gossman blades and yes the S7 reminds me of my INFI blades in both use and in ease of resharpening.
Both the INFI and S7 can really take the punishment and come right back to razor sharpness with very little effort.
"Shock resistance" seems to be a quality that both materials share. I love the BBT Lite and even though it is of much thinner stock than my other 2, so far it has not shown any weaknesses in being thinner and often it will be the one I grab when working in my wood yard and or out in the garden and on our property chopping limbs and clearing brush away. The BBT Lite reminds me of a short machete but is much much more durable and way more comfortable as well.
Thumbs up!
View attachment 1318271
Yeah, machete is what I was kind of thinking. I would love to see Scott make some more of them. :thumbsup: He is in a good position though of being able to sell any model he makes. (That’s because they are all fantastic, of course.)

S7 is good stuff for you the reasons you mention. I like being able to use stuff and then get the edge back.

Thank you Apocryphiliac and Mike.
I remember hearing years ago that Infi could be compared to S7. Maybe I'll try to trade my Infiweiler for a Gossman???
Nah, forget it, nobody would take that trade. I'd just have to sell the Infiwelier first and then buy a Gossman.

Thank you Apocryphiliac and Mike.
I remember hearing years ago that Infi could be compared to S7. Maybe I'll try to trade my Infiweiler for a Gossman???
Nah, forget it, nobody would take that trade. I'd just have to sell the Infiwelier first and then buy a Gossman.

Good thinking, & I have done the same to acquire my 3 Gossman.
I sold a few Busse that I never planned to part with, & now find myself searching for replacements ;)
plus I am "on the prowl" for a big Gossman KUBO should anyone want or need to sell one.

It seems the addiction never ends in some form or another but there are much worse things out there to be attracted to!

I do believe tomorrow Scott Gossman has a couple knives for sale at 1pm eastern time.

Good thinking, & I have done the same to acquire my 3 Gossman.
I sold a few Busse that I never planned to part with, & now find myself searching for replacements ;)
plus I am "on the prowl" for a big Gossman KUBO should anyone want or need to sell one.

It seems the addiction never ends in some form or another but there are much worse things out there to be attracted to!

I do believe tomorrow Scott Gossman has a couple knives for sale at 1pm eastern time.
Guess I took a 2X baby step.

Yeah, machete is what I was kind of thinking. I would love to see Scott make some more of them. :thumbsup: He is in a good position though of being able to sell any model he makes. (That’s because they are all fantastic, of course.)

S7 is good stuff for you the reasons you mention. I like being able to use stuff and then get the edge back.

Do you still have your A2 python kubo?

Back